Ole Ben Franklin Motors / Scam

1 9711 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, IA, United States
Phone: 865-693-9315

After hearing (radio) and seeing (TV) commercials for this dealership my youngest son and I decided to browse Ole Ben Franklin Motors inventory. This company uses "they own the bank) as their big advertising scheme. We arrived at the lot happy to see there was a good selection of vehicles, most under some type of warranty. Strangely enough there were no prices listed on the invoices.

When we indicated we wanted to learn more about th vehicles we were taken to a cubby hole to be, what we called, interrogated. Personal identifiable information was given and copies of our drivers licenses (blown up to 150%) were made. After 20 minutes we were told they could not check with all the banks since it was early evening (what happened to them owning the bank?) but we could put down $1000 or guns to purchase a vehicle. I grabbed the copies of our drivers licenses stating I would rather shred them at home and we walked out the door.

During this entire time we never were allowed to get into a vehicle or drive one. Something is not right at Ole Ben Franklin Motors.

Ma