Ocwen / scam and rip off!

1 Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:

I have been trying to get Ocwen to modify my mortgage which is at 10.65% interest. Every time I call I get the run around. One day out of conversation I asked where the person was located. He and all others I've spoken to since have answered... 'India'. What is this country doing to the AMERICAN people?

I get calls all the time because I'm 1 day past my grace period. Nobody will help. There is over $100, 000 in equity in my property which they are trying their hardest to take from me. I've put it on the market, it's prime real estate, but they won't give up!!!

Va

Comments

• Re
      10th of Jun, 2008

• Na
      20th of May, 2009

Please do not ever trust Ocwen. I was not late on my payments but I was having trouble making a payment when I called them. My payments were high due to the forebearance agreement they put me in due to being behind two months. They said I qualified for a modification on my loan and after filling and sending a lot of paperwork I kept getting the run around about the status of it. Then they sent a foreclosure letter. I called them again and they said I had to fill out a new application due to the Obama stimulus plan. They also told me in the beginning not to make any payments because it will mess up the application for modification. I couldn't trust that they would do anything so I hired a mortgage lawye and had to fill out all their paperwork. They didn't work fast enough and within 4 months Ocwen foreclosed and I no longer own my home. Thank you very much Ocwen!!! Now my family is stuck trying to find a place to live after owning a home for 12 years. Wonderful!!!

• Ga
      21st of Aug, 2009

I to lost my house to oween. Does anyone know if oween is part of countrywide morgage and if so is there any class action claims going on now?

• Bg
      27th of Aug, 2009

Ocwen is the worse company to have and the trade commision need to take a look to see if all is on the up and up.

• De
      7th of Jan, 2011

Ocwen is a scam! Ocwen foreclose on home on12/7/10 I was not late on payments Ocwen decided to add hazard homeowners insurance when I had AAA homeowners insurance they added $280 to my payments when I made my mortgage payments they would deduct for the hazard ins & late fees instead of paying principal & interest causing to be 3 months behind. Every attempt to contact Ocwen by myself & AAA was impossible you are routed to India & shuffled around for at times hours. Every email, phone call there was NEVER any response
    I am disable my home was equip for my disability that didn't stop Ocwen from kicking me out of my home with my service dog. I could not believe then did this to someone who has been paying their mortgage. I am suing them for wrongful foreclosure but I'm homeless until they decide to settle or go to trial. Ocwen needs to be put out of business

31st of Jan, 2011

count me in in the chicago suburbs, i can provide the attourneys name, contact me @ j927p@yahoo.com

j917p is my correct e-amil

31st of Jan, 2011

Ocwen is a scam!. Every attempt to contact Ocwen by myself was impossible you are routed to India & shuffled around for at times hours. Every email, phone call there was NEVER any response
    Ocwen needs to be put out of business

• Nc
      3rd of Jul, 2011

i do agree they are a scam and a crooked, they tried in 05 to take our home and falled due to i filed bankrupcty, and the only reason i had too was they told the judge they stop excepting my payment, well we was safe for another 5 years then in 2010 they took our home because they refused payments, they wanted my home and they took it because i gave up fighting them and left me and my family homeless, i could not keeep worrying if my kids would have a place to sleep every single day and night, It also caused my blood pressure to be so high that it almost cost me my job, and this crap in india is a freaking joke i told them one time get me some that can speak english clearly they had some one from england to call me ugh! but i give anyone fair warning if you with them you will be homeless, it has happen to alot of people even a friend of mine he got out of banckruptcy and they took his home left him and is kids homless and he was never late they stop taking his payments too. i ask how can this be fair the way i see it they void the contract not us. i still can not figure out why they want the homes back in less they are taking it back after we pay 10 years or more then resale the homes to make more money off the notes or they dont have the deeds no more and they need to take them back to cover there tracks, i am still pissed about this i hope everyone that works for and is with ocwen that there world comes crashing down on them, they know its wrong and its just a matter of time before what the sow comes back and bits them

• Oc
      4th of Aug, 2011

Ocwen is greedy, I agree. I was a Supervisor with them and now run my own business counselling homeowners against them. If they decide foreclosing is their best business, they will do everything to foreclose, but if they decide with an inhouse mod they will earn more, they'll try to engage you on one.
    Should you need any more specific assistance with any mortgage inquiries, please don't hesitate to submit your case to urostar@adinet.com.uy, and we'll gladly review it to find a potential solution.

Best Regards,

Ocwen Helper

• Pa
      23rd of Oct, 2011

I cannot get ahold of a person that knows anything they barely speak english and that is if you can get ahold of anyone I am trying to work with Hope and they cannot reach anyone either their is no one to talk to they supposegly assigned someone to our case we never heard from him and of course no way of getting ahold of him if he even exists its disgusting that our goverment bails out banks with our monies and we have to resort to being held at bay over our homes from people who do not even live in our country with the unemployment at the rate we have Ocwen outsources us to people who have no idea what they are talking about I guess they can have a good laugh at our expense I am in my late 50s its very sad what has become of our society who would have thought this is what would happen after working your whole life the only consulation is karma for those people involved in this scam