Ocwen / loan still in credit report

1640 Edleshearan Rd., Lake Mary, FL, United States Review updated:

We short-sold our house in lake mary in march of 2012.
The primary load holder for our house was originally litten loans who then was purchased by ocwen a few month before the short sale was approved. My credit report still shows the mortgage and is destroying my credit. Im not sure who I should contact, the credit agencies or ocwen. It is also very hard to find any information on who I would contact at ocwen and if it should be a florida or national corporate office that would handle this.
Any response would be appreciated.

Vr
Nov 13, 2013

Comments

• Co
      13th of Nov, 2013

Of coarse it shows on your credit report. Why did you think wouldn't?

Here is an article on the subject

• Mk
      14th of Nov, 2013

A short sale is a sale of real estate in which the proceeds from selling the property will fall short of the balance of debts secured by liens against the property, and the property owner cannot afford to repay the liens' full amounts. Whereby the lien holders agree to release their lien on the real estate and accept less than the amount owed on the debt. Any unpaid balance owed to the creditors is known as a deficiency. Short sale agreements do not necessarily release borrowers from their obligations to repay any shortfalls on the loans, unless specifically agreed to between the parties.

• Je
      19th of Apr, 2014

Same thing is happening to me right now. Did you get your issue resolved?

• Un
      3rd of Jul, 2014

My Uncle was at Lake Mary Health & Rehab for 4 days, when he died. We had paid for the entire month of May $7080 up front. I have emailed, and called several times. They do not have the courtesy to return messages. We are owed a refund of over $6, 000 so that we can settle the estate. I am the Executor of the estate and have had no luck in a response. They got their money in advance but are moving very slow on the refund WE ARE DUE!!! I would not recommend their accounting procedures!!!1

• Mk
      3rd of Jul, 2014

If they have a system that requires payment up front then they might also have a no refund policy. It sounds bad but they need to make sure they can pay the staff. The budget would be set by these funds. You might want to find out if your uncle signed something for this.

In addition, a lot of people say that they are Executors of an estate but if a Court did not appoint you as such then they might not be returning your calls because they a health facility and can NOT talk to you about these matters.