Ocwen Loan Servicing / bogus charges!
June 2005 I was self employed so initially got my mortgage loan with Freemont Investments as a non docs loan, even though I put down 50% I was given a loan at 8.75% they sold it 6 month later to Ocwen in Dec 05. During this 3 years I never paid late and even tried to lower the principal by sending more than I was required. Sometime during 2006 they sent me some offering of hazard insurance which was lower than the one I had on my own and I decided to switch to the lower one. On Oct 2007 they sent me a request to prove flood insurance to which I complied by sending a copy of my survey indicating that there was no need for one.
A week ago I requested a payoff quote which I received via email a day latter and it was then I realized that their insurance had more than doubled, that they had gone ahead and put flood insurance and they were charging me $2,360.00 as PREPAYMENT PENALTY, the whole amount increased over @9,000.00 over the current balance.
A day latter I received a Fedex with a 'loan Modification Adendum' and a letter signed by Chris Simmons and Ronald Faris threatening to foreclosure and ruin my credit if I didn’t pay immediately a shortage escrow of @5,200.00 (imposed insurance) or signed an addendum to add it to my loan.
During the following days, I faxed again the survey of the property and acquired insurance on my own, called not less than 20 times just to be told that either they don’t have the info to update my file or to call later, and they have continued to give me the run around regarding this manufactured escrow shortage.
I requested a Payment history printout and they sent me via fax a fuzzy IMPOSSIBLE to read paper, the writing extremely small and fuzzy. There is no way to make heads or tails of any of it.
More Ocwen Loan Servicing Complaints & Reviews
- Ocwen - president & ceo phone number 
- Ocwen Loan Servicing - scam and fraud! 
- Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC - mortgage rip off 
- Ocwen Loan Servicing - getting ripped off 
- Ocwen Loan Servicing - loan modification 
- Ocwen Financial Corporation - sheriff sale
- Ocwen Financial Corporation - mortgage servicing
- Ocwen Financial Corporation - mortgage fraud
- Ocwen Financial Corporation - no one will help me save my home after it was awarded to me in the divorce
- Ocwen Financial Corporation - repair of bathroom floor from water damage.