OAN Services Inc. / False billing!

They billed me $31.75/mo. for "web hosting" supposedly saying one of my employees said she was authorized to sign up for this over the phone. RIP OFF! Tell all employees to just hang up on any of these phone robbers.

Di

Comments

• Ri
      29th of Oct, 2007

I too have been scammed by OAN services and their pretension I made a pass. Call to Nevada and charge of $5.44. However, I am going to try to hold my local company responsible for having contractual arrangements with such a company.

• Jp
      21st of Nov, 2007

We do not have and have not had USA Voice Mail and OAN services has billed us for $12.95 for several months claiming we had this service. The bill is thru AT&T and we have been trying to get it straight since June. I am Filing a formal complaint on all the companies involved with the Public service commission, and the FCC. With copies going to both my U.S. Senators. When I told them that they hung up on me. USA 'Voice Mail is just as bad.

4th of Jan, 2008

I too have been a victim of OAN services. I own a small business (truly Mom & Pop type) and have been billed thru my AT&T bill for "Web Hosting" @$ 34.95/ mo. I called to correct this problem and of course was told that I authorized this over the phone. I always tell these kinds of solicitors NO and hang up (because they don't take no for an answer) They are saying we have a 5 page website. Where??? My business is not large enough for a site that big!

And like everyone else, I must pay this charge or AT&T will cut my service off. OAN is saying it will take up to 3 months to correct.

Every federal agency should be notified and I believe phone companies should not deal with the OAN slimebags. And any changes to our phone services should ALWAYS be in writing and signed by the phone line customer.

• Ke
      23rd of Apr, 2008

Amazing, it seems as if I'm not the only one to get ripped off by OAN. May as well go directly to WI Attorney General. Perhaps we can get them shut down if there are enough complaints??

• Mi
      29th of May, 2008

we have had a 12.00 charge -(sucessfully removed)- and now a 12.95 charge that we have been told will be removed. problem is they did not discontinue their "services" after the first charge like we were promised they would. a complaint has been filed with the Texas PUC. too bad there is no recourse against at&t as well.

22nd of Jun, 2008

I just found a charge from this OAN company about voice mail - sorry but I didn't agree to this! Now I am fighting with ATT to get it removed ASAP. Told them either get rid of the charge or I will cancel my service with them and go to their competitor!

This makes me soooooooooo mad! This is WRONG!

• Li
      24th of Jun, 2008

I also got charged this month by OAN Services for Dir Assist NV, same as Mr. Neff.the only thing I could do about it was put restriction on my Verizon account. That does not mean that oan can't send you their own bill. This makes me soooo mad also. Last month it was Enhanced Services Billing Inc. to which I never authorized to be on my Verizon bill. Public services comm. will also do nothing about this.

• Ya
      24th of Jun, 2008

We do not have voice mail and OAN services has billed us for $15.74 through virazon bill. This is the first fraud and scam on our bill. VERIZON is a big company, how they let this fraud happned. Next time if this happend again, they should responsible for that.

• Ni
      11th of Aug, 2008

Last month, I moved my service with AT&T from one location to another (same military post, only different address) and that is when the nightmare started.
    The customer service rep. who took my order to move my service could not only take and spell my address correctly - even after I told him numerous times - he also forget to "move" my international rates.
    The following month I reveiced a ridiculous phone bill of the amount of $1, 208.83...I was not charged the 11cents per minute to Germany, AT&T charged me more than $1.20 per minute...not to mention the $52.44 they wanted for a 19 minute collect phone-call from the Atlanta Airport in Georgia (maybe if I would have called planet Mars it would have been justified to be charged such a high rate)...they also were trying to charge me for dual services which I never had and so on...when I called AT&T last Friday, each customer service rep told me a different story:
    The first person said that a supervisor would call me back within two hours(which never happened)...the next person told me that it would take up to 24 hours until a supervisor would get in touch with me...but one of the weirdest stories was when person #3 told me that her supervisor left early because she had a death in her family and that I would not hear from them until the following Monday(Are they kidding? If that was the case, would they not have a replacement for that supervisor? Maybe I should point out that it was a Friday afternoon shortly before they closed...I can add one and one together, lol ...I would not doubt if they were ready to go home and just did not feel like dealing with my problem which was their mistake to begin with...
    However, the next day I decided to call again, supervisor Mrs Love was extremely rude and told me that when I was trying to explain my situtation that I was talking in circles.. she did not understand that after she made an attempt to adjust my bill that the amount of $415.98 she wanted me to pay for the international calls was still incorrect...according to my math, the total of those calls was less than 100 dollars... I hung up, and I finally managed to get a Manager from AT& T on the phone who adjusted my bill to a fair amount of $265.96... my phone bill went from $1, 208.83 to $256.96 but not until numerous calls and bizarre conversations with AT& T customer service reps and not until after I talked to the "right" person...I am still very upset because of the treatment that I received for two days by customer service reps who cannot only write but also do not know how to adjust an incorrect phone-bill...the supervisor who told me that I speak in circles and who also made strange noises (deep breath taking/sign of being annoyed with me etc.)...well, maybe if AT& T would fire her, she would not talk in circles but RUN IN CIRCLES trying to find a new job...It is a shame that we customers have to fight for our rights when it is so obvious that a phone company made the mistakes...

• Pa
      25th of Aug, 2008

Apparently OAN has no conscious nor the telephone companies ( AT& T, Verizon, etc ) NOR the state agencies who are supposed to regulate this scam. I am switching to Vonage but they are probably just as bad. Maybe walkie talkies will make a comeback
    Just don not pay the tel companies . It should be their responsibilty to deal with OAN and like scams

• Ji
      31st of Aug, 2008

My recent phone bill includes a charge for $14.95 for services I didn’t purchase. The fake charges came through "OAN Services, Inc" on behalf of a company called "WATCHDOG ID, LLC.” I did some research and it seems OAN was charged with billing fraud in 2006 by the Federal Trade Commission for this same scam (http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2008/03/phone.shtm). However, OAN still appears to be using legitimate phone companies to bill consumers for services never ordered. I am disturbed that I was falsely billed through my trusted phone company - it is fraud and a violation of privacy. I have contacted the FTC and The General Attny’s office. I also wrote AT&T to urge them to investigate OAN Services and "Wathcdog ID, LLC." I also encouraged AT&T to educate their company about this scam so the fraud can stop BEFORE it reaches consumers. Two phone numbers were attached to my bill regarding this erroneous telephone charge: OAN Services, 800.295.3933 and Watchdog ID, Inc: 866.282.3926. I urge everyone who's had this problem to report it to agencies like the FTC, BBB, or whatever agency you think might be appropriate.

• Ha
      11th of Sep, 2008

The problem is our phone company, be AT&T or Verizon. They get a big cut by collecting money for these con artists. They should not be allowed to do so.

• Fr
      12th of Sep, 2008
    OAN Services, Inc. - False billing
    OAN Services, Inc.
    California

A charge showed up on my AT&T telephone bill from a company I never heard of for a service I never ordered, on behalf of a Greentree Data, Inc. A fraudulent charge to be sure. Many, many complaints
    show up on their page.

• Th
      15th of Sep, 2008

I have been sc84a91ammed by OAN services for $14.95. I never ordered this service. They got my phone number and billed me.
    I will tell my phone company that I will not pay this charge.

• Jg
      22nd of Sep, 2008

OAN is nothing more than a rip off. I noticed an unusual charge on my phone bill and called OANs 800 #, I was told that they billed for a company named Vanguard Defenders email ID service which I was told was a identity theft service I explained that I never signed up for their service nor had I heard of their company. I cancelled the service and called my phone carrier which instantly told me that OAN was a scam company and they would have to put a third party block on my phone as to prevent OAN from billing me again. How can they get away with this?
    They might as well slip in a window in the middle of the night and rob a person. Beware of OAN and check all charges on your phone bills.

• Ke
      8th of Oct, 2008

I agree with everyone. I was charged for two months and got the run around when I tried to get it removed. My local phone company provider didn't do anything, they said that I had to deal with the company directly. Finally after a month of trying I got to talk to someone and they said that I filled out a two page form on the internet asking for the service and I hadn't even heard of their company until it appeared on my phone bill. The scary part was that they had all my personal information. Then they went on to say that maybe one of my kids did it. Give me a break, that let me know right there that this was fraud and I told them that too. Someone should really go after this company and maybe give the owner or whoever runs this company jail time and maybe they will think twice before getting consumers personal information off the internet to get money for something that wasn't ordered in the firs place.Alot more people need to be warned before they are hit by the same company.

• Mo
      18th of Oct, 2008

what is enhanced services 1nc. 1 888 301 3724 charge of $12.95 bill due nov.3 2008
    also oan services, inc . 1 800 926 6435 charge of $12.95 bill due nov 3 2008
    i have not signed up for any of this service and this is the first time on my ph bill would like some sort of explanation
    yours truly
    monte gawthorp sr
    acct # 512 352 8740 094 09

• Li
      3rd of Nov, 2008

i totally agree with the complaints i have read. I just tried calling to find out what OAN services was and still don't know. when i told the lady on the line that i did not order these services and that i wanted to know what they were for .she said that the number would be blocked and that i had to pay the $9.15 to avoid past due charges .i asked several times why i had to pay for something that i did not order and she just kept repeating herself i finally just said forget it and hung up. I could not understand her so she probably could not understand me either. bill due nov.9

• Gw
      30th of Nov, 2008

I too have been hit with charges for OAN by someone using my phone number. I will be contacting the Michigan Attorney General office TOMORROW. So if any OAN is reading this, you know that the game plan is. I to was told that the number would be blocked, How AT&T let this happen is beyond me. I did et a name of the person who used my number and I will be turning that over to the AG'S office also. People ask for the name and it will be given. I ADVICE EVERYONE TO CONTACT YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE

• Pi
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I think that AT&T, Windstream and OAN be made to pay a refund to the people that these services has been charged too. I myself have paid a $500 bill because of this ###. It is imperiative that these companies not be allowed to get away with this kind of false billings. I, however, feel that it will not happen, justice this day and age is thing of the past especially when it comes to big business. The only true thing that we as citizens can do to protect ourselves from this is stop using AT&T and Windstream and worldcomm services.