Nuvell Financial Services / Nuvell has screwed and harassed me!

I purchased a vehicle 2 years ago (at the age of 19) from Ghent Chevrolet in Greeley, CO. Of course, I was a first time buyer, my credit was very limited. However, I still wanted to own a Chevrolet Colorado. After the t's were crossed and the i's were dotted, Nuvell financed the truck at an ungodly interest rate; I was 19, all I cared about was the monthly payment. I had an awesome job at the time, making more money than most teenagers only dreamed of... and college was something I hadn't even considered. So naturally, the payments were made on time at $400 a month. To make a long story short, it's 2 years later, I'm 21, and doing everything I can to go to school. I've just recently gotten behind on my payments, and I get calls on my cell phone 15+ times a day from Nuvell. They've even called my work! They're doing nothing to work with me. As a matter of fact, a very rude individual called me this evening with an ultimatum: "I leave the office in 40 minutes, I need the payment by then. End of conversation!" Click. Nuvell has screwed me, harassed me, and is about to screw me once more. I advise those of you reading not to do business with this finance company, they're very unprofessional to say the least.

Comments

• Bn
      24th of Jul, 2007

The company is doing the same to us. We have been with them for almost 3 years now and we are 31 days late. We got a new rep this month (old rep was wonderful to work with if he called) and they are threatening to take the truck by the end of the month unless we get them the past due in 7 days. The manager I was transfered to would not give me her last name nor transfer me to another manager when I asked. They said they would garnish wages, or 1099, but they would get the money for the truck. I told her I could make 2 payments within 15 days, but not one in the 7 due to payment schedule. She asked where the truck was. She was VERY careful not to use the word repossess, just stated things would be taken care of.

STAY CLEAR! Even though we have an extension left, they will not let us use it. And YES, they call 15+ times a day, from 8 am - 9pm all legal there, but they call all numbers listed, neighbors, etc.

VERY unprofessional, rude and we would never go with them again, and will warn anyone we can about this company.

• Da
      4th of Sep, 2007

I've tried for the last month to get Nuvell Financial Services to stop calling me because I don't even have an account with them. They keep asking for a Mr. Wilson and I've had my phone number for over three plus years. I've asked every time to be removed, and they haven't yet. I'm getting sick and tired of answering their calls when it isn't even for me? I don't know the people, don't wanna know the people, and will not search them out for Nuvell.

• Be
      18th of Sep, 2007

went to high country automotive in scottsboro alabama they worked very hard to find a company who would finance me . guess who they got ha ha nuvell 17000 dollar truck 436 a month for 5 years with 1000 down 22% interest rate no one would return my calls when i asked for a refi at a lower rate finally this woman amswered and snapped '' we dont refi '' i told her yep why waste a good screw over when you can get it the first time almost as bad as greentree

20th of Sep, 2007

I think reading these posts is funny.
    1. No one forced you to go buy a car in the first place.
    2. If you didnt like the interest rate..why did you sign a binding and legal contract?? ( this one gets me everytime )
    3. No where on the contract does it say "at this point life will stop"...everyone has hardships and problems thats doesnt mean you dont pay your bills!!
    4. If you owe someone thousands of dollars and arent paying...ofcourse you are going to get calls. Every finance company in the world does this...and they would all be out of business if they didnt.
    5. Common sense tells us ...dont buy it if you can't afford it.
    6. The bottom line is pay your bills....its really not that hard. No one should have to hold your hand and call you to pay a bill. we all have problems. everyone has problems.

i finance thru wellsfargo and havent had any problems....i always thought they would come get it if you were like a week late LOL.

oh and dont get mad b/c im right

• Sh
      21st of Sep, 2007

Date: Monday, 19-Feb-07 21:25:32 CST

Nuvell dept collection .

To: GMAC & Nuvell

As of today ,,I have had enough .

After I have asked to talked with a Nuvell supervisor on duty over 6 months ago ,,only to have the phone slam down and disconnected and after my 12 Year old daughter was called a dumb ### liar by Nuvell ,,then nuvell rep. slammed the phone down ,, so I traced it back to Nuvell via BellSouth ,, I will be taking legal action . Enough is ENOUGH! !!!!

You guys need to read the consumer law's of South Carolina .

In particular ,,, Can a debt collector contact you at work .
    After I have told Nuvell ,,, after the horrendous ordeal with the supervisor and my daughter being harassed at home ,,after all of this ,,I have recorder via my phone voice mail box at work 210 calls at work.

Here is a little F.Y.I for ya.
    And by the way ,,when the supervisor on duty ,,that slammed the phone down on me ,,I was willing to make a phone payment on the payment that was a mix-up on my banks part. But still that does not excuse the malicious abuse by Nuvell on myself and my family and neighbor have received from Nuvell ,,and my neighbor was not even listed as a contact on the loan. Another SC law violation.
    FYI - from the consumer credit laws of SC.
    SOUTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF
    CONSUMER AFFAIRS

Q. How may a debt collector contact you?
    A.
    A collector may contact you in person, by mail, telephone, telegram, or FAX.
    However, a debt collector may not contact you at unreasonable times or
    places, such as before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m., unless you agree. A debt
    collector also may not contact you at work in South Carolina.

Q. What types of debt collection practices are prohibited?
    A. Harassment. Debt collectors may not harass, oppress, or abuse any person.
    For example, debt collectors may not:
    -- falsely imply that they are attorneys or government representatives.
    -- falsely imply that you have committed a crime;
    -- falsely represent that they operate or work for a credit bureau;
    -- misrepresent the amount of your debt;
    -- misrepresent the involvement of an attorney in collecting a debt;
    -- indicate that papers being sent to you are legal forms when they are not;
    -- indicate that papers being sent to you are not legal forms when they are.

Debt collectors also may not state that:
    -- you will be arrested if you do not pay your debt;
    -- they will seize, garnish, attach, or sell your property or wages, unless
    the collection agency or credit intends to do so, and it is legal to do so
    (garnishment is currently prohibited in South Carolina.

Q. What can you do if you believe a debt collector violated the law?
    A.
    You have the right to sue a collector in a state or federal court within one
    year from the date you believe the law was violated. If your win, you may
    recover money for the damages you suffered. Court costs and attorney's fees
    also can be recovered.
    Recover money for damages up to $500,000, or one percent of the collector's
    net worth, whichever is less.

Q.
    Where can you report a debt collector for an alleged violation of the law?
    A. Report any problems you have with a debt collector to the Department of
    Consumer Affairs and the Federal Trade Commission. (This has been done on my part)

Highly upset and appalled by the training you Nuvell rep's have received.

Shane McGuirt

• Sh
      23rd of Sep, 2007

I got a loan with Nuvell before I saw this site. It's at 16%. Not only that the salesman lied to the copany about how much money i made so I could get the truck. Now something is wrong with it and I've only had the truck two months. I stopped the calls from Nuvell, by telling them to stop calling my work. It's aginst the law in NC to call a person's work about a debt. Check you State laws. I am behind now in the payments and have to leave my home of 11 years to go to another place that pays better, just so I can pay for this truck. This mess has sent me into a depression that if I were a younger person I might do some stupid acts aginst myself.

• Da
      23rd of Sep, 2007

I have been with Nuvell for about two years now. They don't have a phone for the public to talk to. It's better known a a barnyard answering service, because ther always seems to be some ### on the other end who can't understand plain human. They say your late making your payment when it was sent two weeks early. How is this possible, well I could hand it to these ###s in person a day early and they would still say it's late. You can't call them, because the number is bogus or it has the operator recording come on and say "please check the number as dialed". There interest is higher than a loan shark, maybe there goverment owned. I just refinanced my home and took out all the interest I had to pay these jerks off. I gave them all I had,well my finance company did. They called and got the payoff from them. They sent the check to them, all my wife and I did was sign the payoff check and mailed it. Well Nuvell sent us a smartass letter that states if we are intending to pay this account off then we better cough up more money. It said the company we got the money from got the wrong information from them. We now have to pay $633.90 in late charges and anothe months payment. And in a few more days it will be 30 days late and will go to collections. They are also holding the check and won't process it till we pay the money in full to them. And it will put a $9.77 cent charge everyday till they get all of the money. If I mail it they will still keep charging me $9.77 perday, so I will never pay them off that way. I had to finally let them charge me for a check by phone at a rediculas rate. They said I am now paid in full. But I can't have my title for atleast thirty days. isn't that nice of them. Never deal with this company. We should all get together and file a class action law suit against them and let the Attorney General of every state know about this awful company. God Speed to All..

• St
      24th of Sep, 2007

I have financed a vehicle from nuvell for about 3 years now, and am regretting it ever since. I had not missed a payment for 2 years, the first month I did, I had to pay for some of my grandmas funeral arraignments that put me in the whole. They starting harassing me. I have on record 24 phone calls in one day. These people need to be stopped, then like above there is always some communists saying its not hard to pay your bills. and its our fault for getting into this. But when you have a family to provide for and have had problems with your credit in the past, its a ### company like this that can take advantage of us. I wish I would have found a buy here pay here place or something. I am currently seeking a lawyer that works off a continence that I can pursue these ###s. I cant take no more harassment. I have currently filed a complaint with the FTC, BBB, and Ohios attorney general office. Does anyone have any more ideas you can email me at stewelli@aol.com

• Bn
      25th of Sep, 2007

Sent to GMAC after yet another month of Customer harassment!
    @ the comments by James Sill, or anyone who thinks this board is not "correct": This is a complaint board, not a board you can harrass people on as well. We are working towards paying things with a company that does not help in any way, only hurts. No, noone made us sign these papers, the dealership offered these payments, we accepted, and if for the will of god, or whomever each of us believes in, we are sticken with some ailment or hardship, and I hope you never are, we should have companies that work with us, especially if we are making good on arrangements to pay, not harrassing from 8am-9pm, every day. We have one vehicle thru Nuvell and one thru CitBank. Citibank is WONDERFUL! In the last couple of years we have had to deal with my son's diagnosis of a heart condition, (aorta), 3 hurricanes, a sinkhole under our home, that we still must live in, and my husband getting laid off with only jobs on and off. Our account never goes over 40 days. I think a wonderful statement of our willingness to work with this company, now why can they not work with us and be human?
    Sorry, letter to GMAC:
    After the mess they (customer service) left me with last month, threatening to garnish wages, repo our truck, etc., we lived up to our end and ended up making two payments, as we did a promise to pay 2 payments and stuck to our end of the agreement. This month, with my husband still not working until the end of the month, we did another promise to pay for October 2nd as his 1st check for the new job is deposited on the 1st, but we have no way of knowing what time so we did not want a check to you to come back NSF, so with a manager we decided the 2nd was better. This was "ok'd" by the manager and a confirmation number was given. Yet we are still receiving phone calls telling us to borrow money to get it paid by the 28th or end of month on your books.
    To us this is harassment. If payment was not acceptable, then payment should not have been taken. I am going to again start recording the calls from the reps as this is getting way out of hand. I did call and leave a message with one of the managers I spoke with about this, Rosemary B at 1-800-750-0669, ext 31172, so maybe something can be done on her end.
    A lot of people are on hard times now thanks to our economy and when a promise to pay has been made and accepted, as we have done many times before and followed through with every thing we have stated we would do, these calls and harassment are not acceptable from a company that should be working with the consumer that tries to keep an account current and under 30-40 days tops until they can get on their feet and get the account to where there is no days past 30.
    Representatives need to be retrained to do their job, which I thought was CUSTOMER SERVICE, not CUSTOMER HARRASSMENT.
    I have also sent a copy of this to Nuvell as well as the local regulatory boards I sent my last correspondence to.

25th of Sep, 2007

I am trying to make a payment outside of business hours. I tried to use your automated system for payment but the only 2 options are minimum amount due or total due. I need to make a payment other than these 2 options, didn't think it would be a problem because all other automated systems for other financial institutions give a 3rd option of pay another amount. I called again when that system got me nowhere. The system gave a number to call for outside business hours - it was the number I just dialed. I called again & was transferred to an answering machine. I called a 4th time & thought I would finally get a human on the phone, because it said to speak to a representative outside our regular business hours press 2. I did & it transferred me to the same machine that asked me to leave a message because no one is there.

• Bj
      30th of Oct, 2007

It's the same on their website---you can only pay an exact amount. If you send them a check, though, they'll take it, no matter the amount. They don't want you to be able to pay it off any sooner.

Nuvell is evil! Calling the neighbors at 3 weeks past due (perfectly legal, BTW). Calling 1,000,000 times a day! Their agents are .... . They'll call and leave a message one day, and another day. Then on the 3rd day, they'll sound all aggravated, "This is the THIRD time I've left a message!". Like they are so special that we shouldn't dare piss them off.

It's all crap. Collections people purposely try to make it all seem personal to get to you. It's not personal: it's business.

They actually lose money by spending any time on us. The loan started out at $17,000. It is down to $2,500. If they haven't figured out by now that we are going to pay it, they're stupid.

I like to mess with them. An agent will leave a message with their extension (they get a commission on what they collect). I make a point of NOT letting that person get the payment. I'll send it some other way or to another dept.

• Mr
      10th of Nov, 2007

I had the same issues to happen they would began calling our home at 6am in the morning and repeatedly call back to back. I was told my loan was with gmac on my loan papers also state gmac later to find out they were using gmac as a shield. Using this web site is good info but the only way to hurt the company is to report it to the bbb what i done yes they sent info then stating they will repo the car which i followed up with a law suit for retaliation my lawyer stated because i went to the bbb they now want to take the car. If i was behind the paper work should have started before i contacted the bbb not after i contacted them. Be careful there are clauses in my contract i just was not aware of like if you are late all the time not 90 days but late every month the car can be repo. I know pay every month on time i had a very good rep name beverly after that but i will never be late again i have had my car 6 months i am waiting for 1 more year to trade it in to be free of nouvelle. Please make sure you read your contracts i have a rep and her ext i will never loose it. Also a helpful tip if your note is due on the 11th and you cant pay it call them on that day you will be amazed of options they will give you if you let them call you then thats when they want to call you and treat you like dirt i was hung up on so much when i was 2 and 3 weeks out when i didn't have the money even if i will be 3 days late i call them to let them set up bank draft the day of my note is due also we only have 10days before late fees.

• De
      10th of Dec, 2007

A man is as only as good as his word. You made the statement "behind on payments". I assume you did not add a clause in the contract you signed, stating, "I'll pay $ each month, Oh! Unless I go to school".

Keep the promise you made by signing before you belly-ache.

• Ge
      20th of Dec, 2007

I dont know if this is a mix up or not but i am very pissed off got a letter in the mail saying that you people are going to repo my jeep if i dont pay you people, what i owe you, I dont owe you any thing my bank acount shows that you cashed every check that has ever been sent to you and i can prove it.so if you try and repo my jeep i will tell i sue you for everything you got. I am in the military and i am over sees to have my call me crying saying that the jeep is beeing repoed knowing that we have made all payments makes me quite upset. So we need to get this straight.

• Mi
      22nd of Dec, 2007

I'm not sure what the problem is here. I have a van through nuvell and yes the interest is higher than what i wanted but thats what happens when your trying to rebuild credit. I was logical enough though to not get my payment more than i could afford if one of the incomes in my household were to be lost. I called the 800 number once to let them know i would pay my note 4 days after the due date and they were very nice. And ab out the comment saying you can only pay one amount i just got through going on the website and paying mine and it offers minimum amount due then there is a blank for (pay extra toward your balance). We've had many hard times but I never blamed the creditor as they are just sticking to their contract. and yes its very upsetting when one calls you that many times a day but they are just doing their job. No i wouldnt put up with someone talking to my child that way and would take action in that situation. Again though my children only answer the phone if it says a name of someone they know. Hope all works out with you all.

11th of Jan, 2008

You people suck, you are disrepectful to your client's, who are sending you money, and if by chance we are ill , out of work, or any other hardship occurrs, you just do not have any understanding or compasion.......
    I hope one day you are in the same situation....then who will the laugh be on.....How do you people sleep at night?

• In
      2nd of Feb, 2008

These people have called my home number as many as 22 times in a day, and my cell phone as many as 18 times on the same day. Just like the rest of you, I don't want to talk to them, even though they've only been outright rude to me a couple of times. I have had this car loan for 4 yeasrs, and they should have figured out by now that I am going to pay them, there is no need to harrass me, blow up my cell phone while I'm at work, etc. I complained about the calls and was told that the computer redials the phone number until a live person answers. I guess they have 2 computers working on getting me to answer; just kidding. I, too, will never get a loan with them again....trying to rebuild credit after you've already had financial problems because of job loss, or broken marriage, etc. is very costly, and companies like this take advantage of our hard luck at every turn, driving the knife in deeper by charging ridiculous interest rates, and keeping us in the financial hole we're trying to dig out of. I needed a car to get back and forth to work. I got a car. The rest, you already know.

5th of Feb, 2008

I totally agree with the above. Hevan forbid if you are a day or two late. I have gotten as many as 26 calls in one day. I also get the threats. Everytime I call I inform them that I am recording the call and that I am notifying of when I payment will be made and do not call me 20 plus times a day... If I tell them a day the payment will be in they start calling me that day asking for confirmation number and they call until they get the confirmation number. I did find out they are on commission therefore that is the reason for the harrassment... from Nuvell that I will be charged a 20.00 late fee everday and everytime that I am late. This too is BULLSH*T, sorry for my lanquage but I have at times just wanted to turn my car in and face a repo then have to deal with this compan!!!

• Fe
      23rd of Feb, 2008

I got a Toyota Camry with Nuvell in 2004 and let me tell you that was a huge mistake. I made my payments on time and sometimes in advance up until the end of my pregnancy when I was hospitalized for 2 months straight. I still paid my bills but I had to mail it in which took forever. They called my cell phone every 20 minutes for a payment that was 11 days late. When I finally answer the phone, I try to explain that the payment was mailed and I am in the hospital there is nothing that I can do right now. The chick (Brenda) says that it is not her fault that I have issues, I need to make a payment now over the phone or I should check myself out and go make a western union payment. I hung up and she called back 4 times in a row. Bottom line they got the payment the next day no more calls.

Flash forward to 2008, my payments are slightly behind (I owe for Feb and will also owe March 15th pymnt)yet I am making my payments still. In any event, I spoke to a jerk by the name of Jeremy with Nuvell on Wedneday. He basically tells me that I need to pay him the balance in full right then or don't bother because they will come and get the car. So I said ok, I'll leave the keys in it and disconnected. He calls back 20 minutes later and at that point I told him, since you want to come get the car and you can not wait two more days for the payment, so be it and again I hung up. Well, he calls me this morning at 9:02 am and said i haven't fulfilled my promise to pay, and they are coming for the car now. He also says that if I am driving it then it is stolen property blah blah blah. I let him vent for about 5 minutes then I inform him that I never agreed to anything other than leaving the keys in the car. Since he demanded the payment on Wednesday and I couldnt do it that day, I took his advice and didn't bother at all. I then told him that since he didnt want the paymnt, to be sure and have the car out of my driveway by 6 pm and again hung up. Nuvell is the worst. Their service levels suck, they have no respect for people at all and they have failed to produce the documentation that I have been asking for (contract showin $20 per day l/f). I will pay my payment but i will not be bullied, threatend or harrassed.

Class Action lawsuit anyone? Count me in

• As
      24th of Feb, 2008

Well i bought my 2003 from Dean Ford In Oak Ridge Tennesse i been with these poeple for 3yrs an i have never been late a day in my life with em always ontime or 4days early but i am not 25 days late an thea are threathen to come an get my car an thea call all hours of the day well i talked to my cousin she is attorney she said by state law i can get them for harrassment this is all ### all i know one min thea are sweet to an the next thea are cussing or yelling at ya so i am getting out this care an away from this company.. I am jsut behind January Payment thea refused to let me pay em for that an yada yada so anyway... this company needs to be took care of for that the crap thea have done to all of us.