NSBI / Overcharged

United States Review updated:

I received a call from a Mary Stevens from the 'AT&T notification department' to tell me that AT&T was changing it's long distance billing carrier from World Com to NSBI. My bills would not look any different but in order to continue receiving one bill AND have a reduced monthly long distance fee, I needed to verify thru a 3rd party administrator that I wanted to do so.

I was specifically told 3X NOT to ask questions to the 3rd party administrator as it would cancel the order and I would start receiving 2 bills and not benefit from the new lower long distance monthly fee.

Once I was switched to the 3rd party verification administrator, the conversation went so fast I had to ask the person to repeat himself 3 times! At the very end, I caught him saying that I had agreed to change my long distance CARRIER to NSBI... not just the long distance billing agent!

Once I got of the phone, I called AT&T to verify and was told it was a scam. AT&T has now updated all our phone lines so that they are supposedly protected from being switched over. I also called the 1-888 number given to me by the 3rd party admin and I swear the same person answered the phone! When I complained that his company tried to scam me, he immediately took my phone number and told me that the order would be canceled on that line and any line that I had given to Mary. He also said that Mary should not have told me that she was from AT&T!
Va

Comments

Su
  14th of Jan, 2009
I own a business in Oakland and use AT&T. Tony Smith has now contacted my office as a representative from AT&T to change my billing to NSBI 3 times. He even provided a customer service # so that I could verify that this was a legitimate call from AT&T. 800.222.0400. Fortunately I did not agree to make the change, but my next phone will be to the PUC. Consumers must beware. Tony has called back even AFTER I told him that I was going to verify his story with my carrier!!!
Le
  25th of Feb, 2009
Ijust had the same situation, "Tony Smith" introduced as Verizon representetive and told that Verizon go to switch my billing to NSBI. I did agree, but when alled to Verizon found that it's scam TonySmith doesn't work there and they don't work with NSBI. I freex my account from not authorized switchers, hope it will help. I'll try to find thi Tony by complaining to Public utility comission and other organizations.
Kt
  24th of Jul, 2009
I was just contacted by someone who said they were in the AT & T Billing department and gave me the same story that AT&T was changing the billing vendor. Same lies - the bill would look a little different and there would be an extra charge if I went with one company. If I wanted my bill to have the same format I had to agree to go with NSBI. - SCAM JOB ! ! ! I also called that number that they had given me at the end of the call (1-800-745-2479) and was told that my number would be put on a list to be rejected. I wish I would have "googled" NSBI while I had them on the phone!
Su
  10th of Aug, 2009
They're still representing themselves as AT&T employees. If they send me any hard copy info, I'm forwarding it to the Atty. General in my state. Fraud is fraud, and someone should go to jail!
Ar
  30th of Dec, 2010
Just had the same call, guy claiming to be with Qwest and saying my bill would go down and I just had to agree to a rate reduction. While on the phone with him I decided to google it just to be sure...and here we are. I told him I did not want to change my long distance from qwest and he insisted that he was calling on behalf of qwest. I told him that I had just looked the company up and that there were a ton of complaints against NSBI. He immediately hung up. This guy was a very smooth talker and I have to admit I almost fell for it..Please know this is a scam, please dont be sucked into to this!
Mo
  10th of Jan, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Once again, 1-10-2011, from Phoenix AZ. I own a business and just received a call saying they would reduce everyone on my lines by $10 a month and that my long distance would be at 2 cents a minuite. I then told him I had a customer and asked if I could call im back. Unfortunalty they have only outgoing phone access and he asked if he could call me back in 15min. I searched NSBI and found your comments. This is a scam and thanks to all ahead of me and hopefully I can also save anyone who searches NSBI time and trouble. I dont know what the scam is or how it works but sure doesn't sound right.
Sc
  16th of Aug, 2011
I just saved $132.64 with nsbi and I LOVE IT!
Sc
  16th of Aug, 2011
These complaints must be disgruntled ex-employees because I don't see the problem.
Io
  2nd of Jul, 2012
My business got a call from 1-800-745-2479. They asked for the person responsible for the quest account. I said, "How may I help you?" THEY HUNG UP! Funny thing, I don't use QWEST HAH!
I don't know about you, but I don't give a dam if they can save me some cash. Deceit is still Deceit and will not go rewarded my me. I shall spread the word from every mountain top that "NSBI" is a lying thieving #@%$*#G and should lose their lic to do business.