North Plainfield Nissan / decieving sales techniques

1 545 us rte 22 westNorth Plainfield, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-201-311-4663

I had a appointment to go in for my "free oil change" that came with my car. I had my wife drop off my car for the oil change and when she was there the person that took the keys told her that I have to get a $300 service because I was at 30000 miles. If I didnt get it I would be breaking my lease contract. This was not true as I called up Nissan to discuss. This was not the first time they have pulled this. I went there two other times for service and both other times they tried to pull the same trick with me. I thought that since my wife was just dropping the car off for the oil change that was all we were going to get. She said that they were very misleading and made her believe that if I didnt get the $300 service package that we would not be able to give the car back at the end of the lease. The stuff included in the $300 package really had nothing to do with the lease. When I complained to the manager he just told me "since you are complaining we will not take your credit card for payment you need to pay cash or check"

Comments

• Un
      19th of Jun, 2008

I definitely agree with you. I have the same experience with their sales and finance associate when I bought an SUV with North Plainfield Nissan early this year. Their sales practice is definitely unethical and deceiving. They do not give you full disclosre upfront. You just get hit with it when it's time to pay. I filed complaints against them with the BBB. I would suggest you do the same.

• Ji
      2nd of Jun, 2009

i too was a victim of a bait and switch deal. they promised me one thing but due to it being closing time. they said they would get the paper work to me later. when i got my paper work the deal was totally different. i traded in my 2 1/2 year old Grand Jeep cherokee which was totally paid for and before the sent me the paper work almost two weeks later they had sold my jeep and increase the price of the car that i was getting from them so my trade in really turned out to be zero. and of course the monthly payment was more. because they had sold my car and the deal was almost two weeks old i was stuck. if you have an option shop somewhere else. they are not very ethical

• Jm
      28th of Aug, 2009

I bought a car from them on July 11. The salesman, Tim Gizmen, told me the car had a 140-point inspection and was in great shape, even though it had high mileage and was old, an unlawful practice based on the Consumer Fraud Act. He also told me that even though they were selling the car "as is, " which he claimed they had to do because of the age and mileage of the vehicle, that the Lemon Laws would still be in effect. Which again is another violation of the Consumer Fraud act by misrepresenting any warranty. Then when a host of problems surfaced with the car, they wouldn't honor the law.

They made up one lie after another. Whenever they said anything, I would call the agency responsible for monitoring that aspect of the business and confirm they were lying. The salesman, Tim Gizmen, agreed to cover the cost of the tags and title, but they didn't "estimate" enough for it and are trying to charge me $43 more to get them. They claimed that the laws had changed and that I had to pay for two years worth of registration, but the registration card itself was only good for one year. Frustrated, I said I would pay the difference if they could show me receipts from the DMV, as required by law that they keep on premises, and they refused. They have not yet given me my tags or title. And the title is a document they must keep on the premises. I paid for the car outright, but they are holding me hostage. Too bad I saw this too late, but if you see this now, stay away from Tim Gizmen and his manager, Laura Fluor! Lying is like breathing to those two.

2nd of Nov, 2009

I recently bought a used 350 z from north plainfield Nissan (i love it by the way, except for a small power seat issue). My credit was pretty ### and Tim Gizmen from that dealership worked with me for 5 hours to get me approved with a bank. When I had my power seat issue they took it back to service and fixed it pretty quickly free of charge. I was a little annoyed about the seat thing but they more than handled it professionaly and and other than having to waiting a few days to get my car back I have nothing but praise for the people that work in the service and sales department and Tim especially, who bought me lunch and a full tank of gas the day I went to pick up my 350z.

28th of Dec, 2010

Nissan of North Plainfield are all crooks, I would never get a car there even if it was free!!! Buyer beware of this place, you would be better suited to drive 30 miles to Bergen County in Hackensack and get good service there.