Nissan Versa / gerald nissan north aurora
415 grape vine trail
oswego, il 60543
re: customer complaint
To whom it may concern:
Today, november 13, 2008, I had a cracked valve stem replaced on my 2007 versa at gerald nissan subaru north aurora in illinois. my complaint is that this valve stem was not covered under my extended warranty. according to gerald nissan, it was not a manufacturer defect.
This problem began, when the warning light came on telling me to check the tire pressure. while loosening the cap, the stem cracked.
I first took my car to al piemonte in melrose park. they looked at it, found the problem and reset the light. today, I went to gerald nissan in north aurora to have the service department repair the valve stem. these two dealers are the only ones who worked on the warning light and valve stem. when I went in today, I was informed by the service manager at gerald nissan that the metal caps should not be used on the aluminum stems and that they were not suited for the valve stems currently on my car. the car was purchased from the dealer with theses metal caps. I do not understand why metal caps were used in the first place. the mechanic made the repair and then changed all the caps to plastic.
The metal caps caused the stem to crack and nissan originally supplied them before I even purchased my versa. it is a manufacturer defect!!! nissan used mental caps on aluminum stems which are not compatible metals. I should not have had to pay $200 when the aluminium stem cracked because the original caps I was given were metal.
I feel very strongly that this is nissan’s fault. if this issue is not resolved and I do not get reimbursed, I will take this matter further and contact the consumer affairs department.
I have been a nissan owner for 15 years. (2 altimas and 1 versa) this is the first time I have had an issue with your product.
It is my wish that this issue can be resolved to me satisfaction. I can be contacted at [protected].
james r. pakowski
More Nissan Versa Complaints & Reviews
- Nissan Murano Transfer Case - problems with transfer case 
- Nissan Motor Acceptance Corportation - car loan customer service 
- Nissan Altima - rear brake problems 
- Nissan Canada - poor customer service 
- Nissan USA - shoddiest customer service I have ever experienced! 
- Nissan Motor Company - delay and over promise service
- Nissan Motor Company - lia nissan glens falls ny
- Nissan Motor Company - I am not satisfied with nissan of chico's service on my vehicle.
- Nissan Teana - dashboard
- Nissan - nissan versa 2014 defective automatic transmission