New Tech Drywall / False Billing & Poor Workmanship

1 978 Country RoadAnn Arbor, MI, United States
Phone: 313-304-2031

First, the response from the owner to previous comments on here are bogus. I have tried to contact Roy to resolve the issues of my concern, and have been ignored and hung up on; so I very seriously doubt he would have assisted the other customer no matter what actions they tried to resolve the issue.
Now, in my case I requested a quote - only a quote - thru Cameron Development who was doing some other work on my home. When I arrived on the day of the quote, there was no quote (the only estimate provided was a blanket rate of $250.00, thru Cameron Development), but Ralph the drywall guy was already doing installation work. I did not hire this person, I only asked for a quote, which was never provided. And instead of the cost being a "blanket price of $250" the actual cost was closer to $900!!!. I tried to explain to Roy the owner that the materials I was charged for were already on hand and purchased thru Cameron Development, there fore I should not be responsible for paying for those materials twice, but no credit was offered. I further explained that there was never more than one person on the job, although I was charged for 3 people's hours. I also explained that the job was finished improperly causing me to have to hire another contractor to correct the problem.
In order to "resolve" the matter, no credit was ever offered to me, yet a late fee for failure to send payment for work that was not authorized, materials that were not purchased, and labor that was not received was charged.

An