NCO-Medclr / I paid my bill in full and they will not show a 0.00 balance on my credit report!

United States Review updated:
On 9/29/06 I paid off a dept to northeast credit and collections. The debt originated with NCO-MEDCLR, and was still owned by them. 30 days later I pull my credit report, and the account has been moved back to NCO from NCC and states that no money has been paid, and no settlement has been reached. When I called NCO I explained that I had a letter from NCC stating the account was paid in full and should reflect so on my credit report. I offered to fax a copy to them, give them the name and number of the gentleman at NCC who processed the payment, and show them my bank statement. The only thing I asked in return was a faxed letter stating that my account had a 0.00 balance. They refused to send me this information. I asked why, and they told me the following excuses over 48 hours, and several account reps:

1.) we don't have a fax machine (But yet they can receive faxes from me)
2.) we are not allowed to call the other agency to confirm payment
3.) how do we know you didn't make that letter of release up (gee because its on their letter head and has their reps signature on it)
4.) We are not allowed to send you anything stating your account has been paid.
5.) you must wait 30-45 days for it to report to your credit once we receive the proof.

I was told the call center I was speaking with was in Barbados, and that the home office processed the credit information in PA. I asked to speak with them to no avail. So then I took another route. I called the rep who processed my payment at NCC. I confirmed with him that my account was closed. He personally emailed the company headquarters several times, and never even got a response.

Normally I would not be so upset about this, but I am trying to purchase a home, and I need this letter to go to the underwriter to show I paid the debt. This company is the most disrespectful and deceptive company I have ever dealt with. They also had the nerve to start asking about other people's accounts because they have the same address as mine. Isn't that illegal? Something should be done about this company and their disgusting ways!! All I wanted was a fax saying my account was paid. How hard is that, since I paid it? Would you go to a store a spend several hundred dollars and not get a receipt? I don't think so. Thats basically what this company does. I think an investigation should be started on this company immediately. If this is how they treat people who pay their debts, how are they treating those who are not...

A  28th of Feb, 2007 by
They go me too... for 230 buck.. not my bill and they are hosing my credit!!!
A  15th of Jun, 2007 by
Same story happened top me, Just hit my credit and they wont say why.

Credit companies should follow up on this.
A  15th of Jun, 2007 by
I just received, on my credit report, a thing about $30 that wasn't paid. I have no problem paying the bill. It must have been an oversight on my part.
A  20th of Jun, 2007 by
Hi! My name is mohammad adam i check my credit report and ther is an open account on my credit report but i already paid the bill on February but its still show in my credit report. I don't know you guys need to tell the credit bureau that is already paid the bill.
N  28th of Jun, 2007 by

NCO - MedCLR - Don't owe anything!

I am in prison for last 8 years yet they show a purchase from soemone 05/01/2003. What incredible gall.
A  6th of Jul, 2007 by
I had the same problem. I am a mortgage lender for Wells Fargo and I tried paying off an account that originally had a balance of $1100 and due to nco's frivolous fees the supposed debt had grown to $2300. I set up 3 installment payments and paid the account. After 2 months of fighting after the account was already paid I verified that the debt had been paid by providing canceled checks, bank statements, phone calls from my bank to verify that the funds had cleared. Long story short, it took about 3 months, 15 phone calls and several escalations to management to get my pay off letter. Not only that they broke the law several times by calling me at 5:30 AM and violating the fair debt collection practices act.
A  19th of Jul, 2007 by
I have not been to see a doctor in 10 years never had a reason to go so i did not go... Now i have a 32 dollar bill on my credit report... nco-medclr will not show me the bill they just say i owe it... Now think about this if they send out 32 dollar bills to one million people and half pay just to get rid of the bill they just made 16 million dollars... No i will pay if they show it is my bill, which they cant, but if they could... I would not pay until i received a letter form them in black and white on paper that the credit report will be fixed... This way i have proof to show creditors... Never i mean never agree to something over the phone and then pay... get it in writing then pay... And tell them if i don't pay just put it back on my report... If i do pay i have proof from your letter.

They even said it was going to their lawyers... I don't know one lawyer that will take a case for 32 dollars???
A  1st of Sep, 2007 by
Guys, dispute these accounts with the credit bureaus. Send them a letter directly and omit the collection agencies from the equation. Once they get your money, they don't want to do anything further.

I actually told a collection agency that was trying to collect from me that since they were already trashing my credit with this account, what incentive did I have to pay them? My suggestion to them was for them to send me a letter stating that they would clear my credit once they receive payment and I would then pay the account in full. They told me to get lost (in so many not-so-nice words). So, I wrote a letter to each credit bureau and got the debt deleted from my reports. One bit of advice - be persistent - the credit bureaus will eventually back down.
A  12th of Dec, 2007 by
I totally agree.. i mean i just checked my credit report and i saw them on there! i didnt know what it was so i called and asked the lady what kind of establishmen/business was it because i had never heard of it and she didnt even answer. she asked me over and over well give me your ss# so i can pull up your acct. i didnt want to give her my social because i didnt know the business so she asked me for acct # and i told her i didnt have one and that the credit report only gave 4 numbers so she told me to call the bureau to get the rest..i called them and they said they didnt have it because they only had what NCO gave them which pissed me off because she knew that they wouldnt have it and it said that this was due in january but i was in the military with benefits of tricare so im confused..so could anyone please tell me what kind of establishment it is or where it comes from please??
A  3rd of Jan, 2008 by
Omg!!! I just got a copy of my credit report they have three claims on my credit report... i called the number to find out who they are and a recorded msg. Said that your call is not allowed , i can't even fight with them this BS , that they are scaming people like this and i will not send a payment to them!!! I'm just going to report them for fraud!!!
D  14th of Mar, 2008 by
I received my credit report and have a charge for $34 and when I called NCO-MEDCLR I had to stay on hold for about 35 minutes before someone answer then when I got someone on the phone they said that they think it was a doctor's off I ask which doctor and they said that they had to transfer me to that department after transferring me to that department this particular person stated she did not know anything about the account and all she said was that I needed to pay it I asked her when was this account supposedly happen and she said she could not see that info either I have good credit and I do not need my credit messed up because of a company who cant give me any information and for $34 omg I really need this disputed and taken off my credit report
N  27th of Mar, 2008 by
i would like to pay what i owe