NCO Financial Services / They continue to call and harass me

NCO Financial Services has been calling me four or five times a month about a school loan that another person with the same name took out.

I confirmed that the social security number was not mine on three different occasions, but they continue to call and harass me. I have been unable to access the BBB anymore, because they are all on line now and the people at this “business” refuse to give out any information about the business or even to give their last names. I was told only that the Company is out of Barbados at Harbour Road in St. Michaels. What can be done about such people who gather more and more info about us, but will not even explain to us what they are calling in regard to or who they are?? This “company” needs to be strongly investigated. Is there a way to get this info to someone who can do something about this?

Pamela

Comments

• Pa
      21st of Nov, 2006

I personally have never dealt with such rude and sarcastic people in my life.I know that i owe a certain amount of money to the collection services there but as i told them many times i will pay when i can as i am on disability from community Services. I even offered to pay $ 5.00 a month and was told that the amount was not enough so the way i see it my account is payed because they refused my offer that i was able to pay. They call my house anywhere from 2 to 3 times a day leaving messages for me to call, my reason for not calling back is everytime i tell them my situation and that i'm disabled they become quite rude so hang up i do not need these people causing me stress and making me feel uncomfortable . when they call the display always says out of area. If my daughter calls me from her work place that also is what comes up on my call display,my point is if an emergency comes up and my daughter calls and i don't answer the phone because i think it is nco i will be holding them responsible if anything happens to a family member if call display shows out of area. I am now in the process of sending them a copy of what i get a month from social services so they will believe me,my family members are also thinking of seeing a lawyer on my behalf and to see if harassment charges can be layed on this company and for causing me undo stress which causes my illnesses to make me sick and mental stress as well.

• Va
      1st of Dec, 2006

A month ago I started receiving phone calls on my cell phone from NCO Financial. Someone named Greg Adams had given them my cell number as his business number and then apparently skipped out on a loan.

They were, from the 1st call, rude, and completely unprofessional. The one polite and helpful person I contacted assured me that they would take my name out of the computer and I would not be called again. That lasted two whole days. Their computer would call at 8 am, 1 pm, 8 pm. I informed the individual who called yesterday the I was filing a harassment complaint with the FCC and the Better Business Bureau. I filed the FCC compliant yesterday and haven't received a call last night or today. If they were a reputable company they would hire cautious, professional people. They would also verify telephone numbers through the carrier prior to calling. The logic that the person who skipped out on paying what they owe gave them a valid phone number and is then lying about who they are vs. the person having made up a phone number to begin with escapes me. Do NOT Deal With This Company.

• Ge
      14th of Dec, 2006

NCO will never leave you alone.

If you do owe money, do NOT pay by credit card over the phone. Make them send you a bill and then pay through registered postal mail. INCLUDE with your payment a notice such as "By accepting this payment you agree to remove any negative marks placed against me on my credit report regarding this debt. If you do not accept, this payment is void."

4th of Dec, 2007

Dear Ms. Mendivil,

Hello, my name is Attorney Joseph Mullaney. I read with interest your post to a complaint filed on www.ComplaintBoards.com. I have represented consumers against companies that mis-program their computers to call the "wrong person." I have found that the only way these companies change their policies is to be hit in the pocketbook. If you have a residential (non-business) telephone number receiving unlawful telephone calls, you may have a cause of action. Did you know that you may be entitled up to $1000.00 under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. 1692, et seq. and another $1500.00 for each automated (prerecorded or artificial) telephone call under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, 47 U.S.C. 227, et seq.?

If you wish to speak about your matter, please email me. If we agree that professional representation is warranted, I represent consumers without any upfront costs or attorneys fees. Instead, they will be deducted from your recovery and/or awarded by the court against the defendants. I hope to hear from you soon because there are important statute of limitations governing your possible action.

Very truly yours,
    Tel 856-784-0101
    Fax 856-784-5558

• Ke
      17th of Sep, 2008

My step-daughter who lives in Alabama (23 yrs old) gave them my telephone # for what reason I'm not sure. Evidently she owes them money. As I explained to these folks (NCO), "What does that have to do with me?" They call and harass me at least 3 or 4 times daily. What can I do to stop these idiots from calling my home and disturbing me?

• Na
      30th of Jun, 2009

If you owe your bill pay it. Look at the situation in another way. If you were a business, key word business, and persons over 1 million people owed you money and you were paying someone to collect your debt what would you expect them to do. Yes I know we all have our hardships and some companies are willing to assist when possible, but sometimes it's debtors who make persons be rude. Yes the phone calls may be upsetting, but if when they call you shout and be rude and cuss out the people who are doing their job, then do you really expect all of them to just sit there and listen to you without saying a word. And as far as wrong numbers go, you might get a call or two from NCO, then any other person calling y ou for that wrong person, is always going to be NCO for you. My advice when getting a new telephone number from your service provider ask if it belonged to someone previously.

Thanks!