NCO Financial / Unauthorized debits from account

I have been paying a debt with NCO for about 2 years. I made a settlement with a gentleman and then everytime i call back for something i have to reiterate everytime who gave me that settlement. Well i decided to setup monthly withdrawals from my account to pay for the debt which they were suppose to debt twice a month on the days i indicated.

These people are notorious for taking the money out when it is not suppose to and then acting like it is my fault. They have cost me over a $100 in NSF fees.
Be aware, if they demand a monthly withdrawal every month, you better make sure there is money in there to cover the next payment to. Otherwise they will get you when you are not paying attention.

Comments

25th of Oct, 2009

I am also a victim of this practice. They led me to believe that if I didn't work with them they would file for garnishment regardless if I can afford their "plan" or not. I felt coerced into this and did the dastardly deed of giving them my account information. Twice they took money out of my account which was unauthorized, caused an issue of excessive overdrafts, the bank would not cooperate and I in turn was out of a substantial amount of money in fees and overdrafts. This placed me in a situation which I was unable to pay my rent and utilities. I contacted them about it and they made it seem it was my fault eventhough I made the phone call to stop the payment within their specified timeline. (Yes, it is my fault for giving them my account information, but I was willing to work with them.)

I asked them to provide me in writing what the program entailed, the amount I really owed, the schedule and/or interest involved and why isn't the balance getting any smaller. They in turn did not send me anything I requested. Within the same month, I closed my account so they will not put me in another situation as they did previously and they were notified that the account has been closed. The following month, they filed for garnishment (I was not notified by NCO of their actions) and the human resource dept at my job put it through without notifying me as to whether there was merit or an opportunity to dispute. HR notified me 2 days prior to payday and I was told that nothing could be done since I did not meet their deadline which was 3 days before I received the document which was sent interoffice mail. (What's wrong with that picture?) I was blind sided and not protected at all. Now, I am in a serious financial situation caused by NCO. They got me and now I have to figure out what to do as they told me that I have to pay them a ridiculous amount of monies to stop the garnishment. I know how much I owe, but the amount they have is substantially inflated.

Whatever you do, NEVER give them your account information, but do all that you can to find out where else you can pay monies that you owe so that you will know where you stand with a running balance, trailing documents and hopefully avoid garnishment and possible termination as a result. They will stoop as low as contacting other people at your job to find out if you are there or in meetings. These people are relentless and they will cause you to be questioned at job by their unethical practices.