NCO Financial / Unsolicited phone calls

Do not take calls from NCO Financial. They find your personal information by using unauthorized credit inquires. Once they have a number for you, they will call you multiple times per day. I made the mistake of talking to them one time, the rep kept asking me for my ssn. I told here that I would not give that information out over the phone.

She got very angry and then had her supervisor on the phone. The supervisor was very belittling to me and did everything she could to get my ssn and other personal information from me. She was very rude. I took their website information. The supervisor told me that I had to put in a bunch of information they gave me to look at why they needed all my personal information.

After finally hanging up (I was tired of the abuse) I checked out the site. Again they wanted me to put in all this personal information to view what the call was all about. Luckily I did not give them any information over the phone or on the net. The supervisor called me back 15 minutes after we ended the original phone call and asked if I had gone to the site.

I told her that I had but I refused to put in any personal information. Needless to say, the phone call went downhill from there and I ended up hanging up on her. That was 6 months ago. Since then everyday I receive 1-5 calls per day from NCO. About 1 out of every 6 calls they leave a computer generated message. I now have 3 different phone numbers that they use. I have done much research on them and their practices.

I wish that once the calls had started I had logged every one. I am now keeping a log of every contact and every message they leave. I am not sure how many calls it takes to be considered harassment but I figure if I keep the log up I will not have a problem with reporting them to the FTC.

I also just found out that they have found me by unauthorized credit inquires and will take action with the 3 credit reporting agencies to ensure that they never can pull my report again. Never give them funds. Do your homework. They get your money and keep it. It does not go to the company you owe. It will not show as a settled account on your report if you pay them.

Ja

Comments

• Mi
      16th of May, 2007
    NCO Financial - Bad business manners!

I got a call at work one day when i was not there. It was NCO calling about a debt they just had received to collect on. When i came to work the next NCO had notified my boss why they were calling. They told him who i owed and the full amount and the amount i was past due. I think that should be illegal because of identity theft and privacy act.

• Al
      18th of May, 2007

This very much is illegal. I would report them especially if your boss said something to you about it.

3rd of Nov, 2007

I received a call and my machine got it... so i called wondering what it could be for since all our bills are up to date. They said for monitoring or what ever reason they were going to tape the call and I said so am I. the person on the other end said " she could not talk to me if i was going to record the conversation" and I said well your taping me. she hung up. I tried to call back there was no response. My phone has the record option now i know what to do!

• Va
      3rd of Jun, 2008
    NCO Financial - Termination fees for a service that was not provided
    Nco Financial
    507 Prudential Road
    Horsham
    Pennsylvania
    www.ncofinancial.com

Continued harassing calls after repeated letters asking them not to call. I refuse to pay a bill to Choice One Communications for termination fees for a service that was not provided. I explain repeatedly to NCO Financial but they call back every day.

• Ge
      27th of Oct, 2008

This is COMPLETELY AGAINST FDCPA RULES if you read in article (s) 804 and 805 it states that the collector is not permitted to contact any third party and disclose any pertitnent information on the debtor as well as in article 805 not allowed to contact you at your place of employment. You can get a copy of the rules and regulations on the web when you google the FDCPA (that stand for Fair Debt Collections Practices Act) this is a consumers rights and regulations guidelines when it comes to collections. I used to be a bill collector so I know these laws pretty well. I hope this helps and good luck to you.

You can also contact your Attorney General's Office and The Federal Trade Commission to file a complaint against NCO for their wrong doings. This will not cost you anything or you may want to get an attorney which will cost but it may be worth it to you I don't know, but they did violate your rights with third party disclosure.

• Ca
      3rd of Nov, 2008
    NCO Financial - repeated billing on paid off accounts
    New Jersey

Although nco has been furnished several times with a payoff letter from title company on 3 accounts, nco continues to send me collection notices for these paid off accounts.

• Jj
      24th of Sep, 2009

Too many errors and misleadingf info in complaint!
    Don't know where to start!! ahhh!!!

First you have the right to refuse personal info if asked.

Two..why did u stay on the ph so long and suffer that abuse? I would have asked f or some1 else or hung up and called back another time and spk to some1 else.

You must have multiple collections that NCO is handling if you are having different num to call back.

Three..unauthorized credit inquiries..more info please! When you take out a CC all that fine print you agree to having all sorts of personal info being released thru credit reporiting agencies and or financial institutions etc..READ THE FINE PRINT ALWAYS!

Four...funds not forwarded to the creditor? I find that hard to believe that a big compnay like NCO will be liable for millions of dollars for not forwarding hundreds or a few thousands to the creditor that the fudnsare supposd to go to. That is why thy giuve u all sorts of authorixation numbers, tracxkingnum, verification nums etc. I keep them for my files so I get credit for the right acct. If fund are misplaced that is what the tracking num is for they can tracdk the pymt andf give me the credit if there is an error.

(sigh) cant type more too much this will become a novel!?! lol!:P

In a nutshell a little common sense goes a long way.

Know who you are paying and for what acct. Keep all verification and proof of pymt if something goes wrong.

If it's an honest mistake and can be corrected ..ok if it is ABUSE then use the full extent of the law to punsi hthem whjere it hurts in the pocketbook $$$$

J.

• La
      27th of Sep, 2010
    NCO Financial - harressment
    nco financial
    Nyack, NY

NCO Financial calls my house via machine several times a day leaving up to 2 messages a day on my answering machine. I have called the provided number only to be put into an endless machine loop, and when i do speak to someone they are extremely nasty and no help to me at all. Please help me! I do not want to have to change the telephone number i have had for over 12 years due to this. I am 845-358-7976 and I am at my wits end.

13th of Dec, 2011

j.jhnah odd that you would complain about mistakes in the complaint. If you have difficulty with spelling, there is a spell checker you could use prior to submitting your post. Just a thought.