National Benefit Advisory Association / Insurance Fraud

1 4704 Hwy 377 SouthFt Worth, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-594-7577

On June 25, 2009 I contacted this "insurance company" who told me they were Trans America Insurance. I was given great pricing on great coverage. Before calling them I had asked a friend in the insurance business (not health) and was told if it was Trans America it should be fine, but was given some questions to ask. I signed up three individual policies (wasn't told I could get family) and I was assured that the "post dated check" would not go thru until June 10, 2009. I called my State Insurance Commission and gave them the answers to my questions that I had been told to ask NBAA, and none of the answers that they gave me were real. I had asked if they (nbaa) were licenced in my state and was told YES..they are NOT, I had been given a fake NAIC #, and was told that my son could use any physician in California, NOT TRUE.
I called back the next day and spoke with Michelle, who I was told was a supervisor, and told her that I wanted everything cancelled, and explained why. She said that she would cancel everything. Another man called me the same day to tell me that they could not wait until the 10th to post the "post-dated" check. I told him that I had spoken with Michelle and I wanted everything cancelled NOW, he said he would take care of it. Since that day thru yesterday, 7/13/2009, I have received at least one call everyday from NBAA and I told everyone of the people that called that this was cancelled and I was not interested and to make sure that this was taken out of their system and everyone of them said that they would take care of it.
Well, today a debit of $759.85 went thru my bank. I called the company and asked to speak to a manager and was given "Tom McDonald", who seemed to be very concerned and talked about how this wasn't the way they did business and that he would call the appropriate person and it would be taken care of and even gave me a phone number of the person that he was going to call to take care of this. I asked for names and he said that Wilma or Collette would call me. I hung up the phone and decided to call him right back for a letter stating that this is cancelled and that I would be getting my money back today. When I called back and asked for Tom McDonald I was told there was nobody there by that name and the woman actually hung up in my face.
My husband went to our bank and signed a statement that this was unauthorized and the bank stopped payment. I have called all of the phone numbers that are on my phone from all of the people who called me from this company and have not been able to speak to anyone and have literally called all day and into the night.
It is a real same that these type companies are out there preying on people who need real insurance for themselves and families. All I can say is please don't fall prey to these reprehensible, unscrupulous people like I and many others have done.

Ls

Comments

• Ls
      14th of Jul, 2009

I'm sorry, I am commenting on my own complaint. Actually making a correction.
    I was assured my "post-dated check" would not go thru until JULY 10, 2009.
    It is a real SHAME that these type companies are out there preying on people who need real insurance for themselves and families.

• Rb
      1st of Oct, 2009

WOW! Unbelievable! I just got this same call!!! The red flag went up for me when she was so urgent about getting my financial information. I told her it sounded like a scam to me. She laughed and said I was the second person to say that to her! Well DUH!!! I began googling the 2 phone numbers that I had for them and came up with nothing, so I googled the name of the company and BINGO! Here I am!