National Action Financial Services / Stay away from these crooks

I am receiving calls regarding an Express card I opened in 1999 and was in collections at one point; however I settled the debt with Express in 2003. I haven’t heard anything regarding this account in over 6 years since I paid it. Now NACF is calling me several times a day demanding money and yelling at me. This morning the man who called, Scott, literally started yelling at me calling me a “drain on the country, a deadbeat, and telling me there is “no excuse for me.” I advised him that I had paid the debt but do not have a record of it since I only keep my canceled checks for 6 years. He went on to tell me that it wasn’t his problem and since I couldn’t prove that I paid it I still owe it.

I asked him how I could verify that the debt was valid and he said to check my credit report which I did and nothing was there. I kept a lot of my old credit reports from the time period when I paid the debt off because I was working on improving my credit. The last credit report this appears on is from October 2003. I have a credit report from May 2004 where it no longer appears. It still doesn’t appear on credit reports from any of the three bureaus.

I brought this to his attention and he told me that the fact that it isn’t on my credit report means nothing and told me that if I didn’t trust that I owed the money and pay him that I would be in “big trouble.” I told him I felt like this was some kind of scam and that I didn’t feel comfortable paying him money that I don’t believe I owe and that there is no evidence that I owe. He told me that I’m a real piece of work and a piece of trash. I asked him to stop calling me and he replied no and continued to yell at me.

Ho

Comments

10th of Nov, 2009
    National Action Financial Services - Constant calls
    Texas

I continue to receive calls everyday from this company re: a Virginia Madsen? someone I never heard of; I press the button that says if you are not Virginia Madsen, calls will be discontinued...not happening...called the company and they say I
    have to call blockbuster to get my number off...this is ridiculous...

• Th
      20th of Nov, 2009
    National Action Financial Services - There is no valid phone number or email for this company
    Broomall
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 610-355-7514

I continuously get automated calls from National Action Financial Services for a Jennifer Mazenga. I don't who this person is, never heard of this person, but continues to get phone calls for her and I want it to stop.

• Eb
      4th of Feb, 2010

Go to the "Do Not Call Registry" and file a complaint. Even if you have not signed up with them, you can still file a complaint if the telephone call was a recording. This is what I have done to get them to stop calling our place of business.

• Eb
      4th of Feb, 2010

Go to the "Do Not Call Registry" and file a complaint. Because they used a recording to contact you this falls under unlawful practices. Even if you have not registered, you can still file a complaint. Do this until the telephone calls stop. Also, call them one last time and tell them if they call you one more time you are going to file a complaint with the Registry which carries a $10, 000 fine. This will work.

• Mi
      15th of Feb, 2010

I'm having this same problem. I want them to stop too!

• He
      30th of Mar, 2011
    National Action Financial Services

We have done shredding service with this company and they have yet to pay past due invoices. They closed one of their offices and did not contact our office and we still have containers at the location to be removed. There is no valid phone number or email for this company to schedule removing the container or to discuss the unpaid invoices owed to us.

• Tu
      31st of Aug, 2011
    National Action Financial Services

I had a Verizon bill around 150 due to my sons father would not pay his half. At the time I was unaware of small claims court. I did not pay the bill. Today is Monday and nearly 10 years ago, I get a letter saying i owe $1672.09. What the h— is incorrect with this place?