My Plumber / Price Gouging, Hidden Fees
I called them to have them fix our water heater which broke down yesterday. First off, they will try to charge a “dispatch fee” of $80 just for sending someone to your house. The CSR I spoke with told me that she would waive the fee because I was a new customer. I asked for a ballpark figure for how much it would cost for them to fix the problem and was told that only the field technicians had the “book of prices.”
I get a call from my wife that the man wrote up a bill for $150 JUST for looking at the water heater. The total to actually repair the heater would be $850 total, or $1500 to replace the whole system. They did not say that actually looking at the heater was going to cost anything, let alone $150. I had a second plumber come in after they left and fix the same problem. The total charge for diagnosis AND repair was $180.00.
Obviously, the man would not have left the house without being paid, so my wife had to pay him with our credit card. I was able to have my credit card company reverse the charge. We would not have been so lucky if we paid with cash or check!
These crooks are trying to take advantage of people by price gouging heating services in the winter time. They are THE first result for “plumber in northern Virginia” on Google and unlucky people WILL try them first!
More My Plumber Complaints & Reviews
- My Plumber - Customer Svc 
- MyPlumber, Annapolis, MD - Cost of service 
- My Plumber - estimate of service 
- My Plumber - Price Gouging 
- My Plumber - Incorrect diagnosis and trying to sell me work I don't need! 
- My Plumber Heating and Cooling - employee harassment
- My Plumber - water heater
- My Plumber Heating and Cooling - service, price, lack of communication
- My Plumber - Plumbing and ac services
- My Plumber - Cutbacks on customer service