MJS Studios / Scam and cheating

Hi I hired MJS STUDIOS for my wedding in August. Im so sorry that I did but so far no problems yet. But I didn't contact them since i paid. I got them for a nice price as a photographer for my wedding. I got a photographer and a backup photographer, I asked what does backup mean, Does it mean that there will be TWO photographers that day and he said yes. I am hoping its true. Also we filled a contract and gave him 1/3 deposit.

Is there anyway to get a refund before its to late for my deposit? What are some things I can do to prevent a bad situation?? What hidden fee's and other stuff do I have to be aware of? Please help me people!!

Ed

More MJS Studios Complaints & Reviews

Comments

16th of Apr, 2009
    MJS Studios - False Information
    MJS Studios
    Colmar
    Pennsylvania

MJS quotes that there lowest package cost $695.00 is a lie. I had an experience when I found out, once they meet with you at the consultation, it comes out to be a way higher cost then what was quoted over the phone..

They have lied about more things then that. I know this for fact. Their definately not as inexpensive as they claim. I chose another photography studio to put my trust in.

• Mj
      18th of Jun, 2009

The back-up photographer is a additonal photographer that will be on call that day in case there is an emergency and your photographer has to leave or can not make it.

MJS has been a total nightmare to deal with for me. I got married in April and honestly after the last 2 weeks I don't even want my pictures because I do not want to be reminded of this experience.

In my honest opinion if you can get out now. Never mind the deposit and hire someone else. Even your brother with a disposable camera would be better.

• Mj
      14th of Jul, 2009

Again MJS has been a total nightmare to deal with!! Now that I have been listed as "a problem client" I can't even get anyone to return my calls or emails!! AVOID LINDELLE STUDIOS & MJS STUDIOS AT ALL COST!!!

• Ve
      16th of Nov, 2009

run as far as you can from MJS studio. It has been a year and we still don't have our album. they rope you in with great samples but deliver BS. Total disappointment in each every possible way you can think of - I am still sad when I think of my wedding because of them.

• Ex
      24th of Nov, 2009

MJS STudios is indeed a rip off. The photographer that they sent was terrible. She did not "set up" any of the photos and just took random shots. The only photos that got "set-up" were when I (the groom) got everyone together at different locations around the property and then asked her to take the photo. To further add to the issue there was no pictures that remotely reflected the quality shown on their website. Now we have been waiting forever for our pictures and every time we turn around they have some stall tatic or they want to charge additional money for the pictures that we already paid them $3000 for.
    Do not use this company. They are a nightmare to deal with, unresponsive, and even when you do get a hold of someone that you believe can solve your problems "Eileen Hamp VP" and she tells you everything is all set, again do not believe them.
    Now the issue is that Eileen will not return al of my phone calls and everyone I do get to talk to says that I am a liar. As stated by others my weddign was totally tarnished by the photography, not to mention i still cannot get my photos.

• Br
      8th of Jan, 2010

run run away as fast as you can! YOU WONT GET YOUR MONEY BACK THAT YOU ALREADY PUT DOWN! but you wont loose any more money on top of that cut your losses and run i am out 2000 dollars and i had the worst absolute worst photographer ever the photos are crap my guests pics are way better and they wont contact me back. i still have no album from them. and if i dont give in and order their prints this week they start a 10 dollars a week fee for holding unorderd prints!! people say the prints they have recieved are sub par and the albums look like something from walmart! RUN cut your losses and RUN! congratz spend the extra money and have some one professional not a scam artist take you pictures when its all over the flowers are dead the food and cake are gone and you gain that 10lbs back your gonna want amazing pics to show your grandkids one day. Good luck

Unhappy bride from CT

• Le
      12th of Jan, 2010

RUUUNNN!!! these people are con artists and do not sign a contract, their contract pretty much says once you sign this they keep the product and your money. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and suggest any of you out there do the same. I contracted MJS for My son and daughter in law's wedding last February. and guess what still no album or the copywright to the DVD. They keep adding late charges and they are the ones not responding. I have read sooooo many bad reviews of this company and it is all the same, the pictures are horrible and no one responds to you. If anyone would like to get together and file a lawsuit against them please contact me at summerteeth1@veriszon.net

Leslie Klein

• Th
      27th of Jan, 2010

I'm still waiting for my photos and I was married in 2005. We received our proofs back, all told there were only 100 photos taken of my day, or so they say. However, the Photographer whose name was Jackie when I asked her stated that because she was having so much fun, she's shot over 400 photos so far..

This was also back when they were called Lindelle Studios. The guy who lured us in and convinced us to pay the amount of money for a "special" On top of that, the "Album" is non existent, and the Mother's albums are nowhere to be found.

They then called us a year later and told us that they found our negatives, and it would be an extra 200 dollars for the DVD. That didn't fly well with myself or my wife. And then they mysteriously "lost" them afterward.

I've since started my own photo business and to this day still cringe when I hear customers say that they "looked at Lindelle/MJS" studios. I hope and pray that no one has to go through the dilemmas that my wife and I went through.

-kevin

• Tn
      27th of Feb, 2010

I guess I just became another fact to the MJS scam and complete unprofessional attitude towards clients. Apparently trying to pay for your pictures over time is more costly than shelling out whatever the total bill is from the beginning. My wedding was back in April 2009 and I still haven't gotten my pictures! They are not willing to work with you and they keep adding fees of over 100 dollars a month to I guess "hold" your pictures. So I feel like I will never see my pictures. And the account manager whom I talked to today was completely rude and unprofessional and attacked me about the money that they haven't received which has been almost triple the cost from where I started from. How am I supposed to pay them off if they keep adding on fees???? So if anybody has a number or name of whom I can contact (I'm going to keep trying to contact and speak to someone higher than the woman I got today) I would greatly appreciate the info.

Jennifer
    tnkrbell925@comcast.net

• Lo
      9th of Apr, 2010

MJS Photo Studio is coming to the Virginia area now. I wonder if they even pay the photographers the $325 for 9 hours of work. After reading your comments I don't think I'll work for them. I've been in business since 2006 I wanted a little extra money when I didn't have a wedding book.

• Lo
      9th of Apr, 2010

The best thing to do is post on wedding sites message boards to let other brides know before booking them for there wedding.

• Cl
      20th of Apr, 2010

I was interested in MJS because of their modest pricing...untill I saw this message board! Which photographers would some of you recommend, in or around the same price range?? Thanks for the info!!

• Br
      29th of May, 2010

I attended my aunts & uncles wedding who origanlly hired 'Always Perfect Studios' (which is named pretty ironically) to photograph the big day. They were refered to this company by Davids Bridal. However Always Perfect Studios randomly went out of business and MJS Studios said they would take care of the wedding pictures. Which they were basically better off letting me, a 14 year old girl, take the pictures. The french photographer was told to take 'candid' pictures of everyone, he decided to take this direction to the extreme. He followed all the other bridesmaid and I around the hotel room we were getting ready in with his camera, taking akward shots of me putting on shoes, talking to my younger sister, and just walking around. He also took posed pictures of the groom and best men that included ugly hotel curtains, brown carpets, and my dad's random nike sneaker to add some uh..flair to the backround i guess. He had no idea what he was doing but claimed he had '15 years experience.' The camera he had looked pretty legit, so until we got a look at the pictures, he 15 years experience story was pretty beilevible. Until we saw the pictures. Their was random people in the backround, huge spaces inbetween the groomsmen, & the qualityjust completely sucked. My aunt is also having huge problems getting her pictures back, but after she saw her nieces reactions to them, shes debating if she even wants them back. Thats how badly they suck. MJS studios emailed her apologized for all the inconvience and said they would take care of them for free, but later changed there minds & claimed that she owed them about $800 on top of the $3000 she already paid for. DO NOT hire MJS studios unless you want to have the akwardest wedding album of all time. Not a single picture was centered, & not a single person was aware that pictures were even being taken. Ive never felt less photogenic in my entire life. Once again DONT hire MJS studios unless you have a few grand burning a hole in your pocket or have a thing for embarrassing pictures of relatives. Luckily, for my uncle & new auntie their honeymoon pictures came out amazing, no thanks to MJS studios though.

• Mr
      2nd of Jun, 2010

DO NOT have your pictures taken by these people! They are SO UNPROFESSIONAL and will not work with you. It's been almost a year and I still don't have any pictures! They are rude when I call and everyone that can help "just went on break" or is "in a meeting". I paid all my money up front and still had to pay for the "contemporary" album once I viewed my pictures. The contemporary album was shown to me at David's Bridal as if it were a part of my package, not so! The photographer wasn't bad, but his flash broke and he had camera issues...no backup photographer showed up to help him out with the issue, plus he came from a town that was an hour away so how was his backup supposed to help quickly enough? RUN AWAY FAST, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME, MONEY AND PRECIOUS MOMENTS.

• Vd
      10th of Aug, 2010

THEY WON'T GIVE ME MY PHOTO'S!!! I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO ANGRY IN MY LIFE!!!

• Ta
      19th of Aug, 2010

IT COMPLETELY AMAZES ME THAT MJS IS STILL IN BUSINESS. I am with the gentleman that wants to file a lawsuit. My email is tonydunnier@aol.com. Anyone else who is interested let me know. It is not right that these people are still in business. They should not be getting paid. They are completely taking advantage of the situation. They know people will dish out big money for their weddings and they prey on those individuals. I was married Dec 2008 it is now Aug 2010 and still no album. Eileen, and Melissa are both very unprofessional and will give you the run around. I feel like I'm dealing with a bunch of idiots. Eileen has stated that my package "although she is not sure what is in the package" is being shipped today. I asked her what was in the package and she stated "He says its good", I asked if I could talk to "him" she said "it is not necessary". I asked her if it was the correct album and she said "I'm good" and if it is wrong I can just send it back (rather than just checking the box). They completed generated an entire album after the I spent hours and hours helping to revise the other one, basically laying out each page. Once I agreed and gave written confirmation and was told they were shipping that album, they send me an email 2 months later asking me to look at the album and let them know if it was good. A completely different album, worse than the original that I spent hours revising. I want to know who is the owner or who is in charge. I want to be reimburssed, I think we all should get our money back. As much money as they are making I'm pretty sure they can afford it, because they are not using the money to create high quality products that is for sure. I am in if anyone else is interested.

• Da
      2nd of Oct, 2010

Well my photographer was late and missed me getting dressed and make up put one. His excuse was he got lost. We booked a year in advance don't you think they would have map quested my house??? It was a nightmare. My photographer was rude and his pictures suck. It's been over a year since my wedding and still no album. I have called, left messages, sent emails...and nothing. And now I can't even view my event online, there's a shocker. What is going to have to happen is me bringing them to court. Get out while you can, and by all costs AVOID MJS!!! I wish I would have known sooner about them.

• Ru
      8th of Oct, 2010

GET OUT NOW!!! If you can do anything...do not work with this SCAM ARTISTS! It took me 10 months to get my photos and I paid IN FULL before my wedding. Once they had my money I didn't hear anything from them!!! They are HORRIBLE and wouldn't give me ANYTHING back...read the contract, it holds them liable for NOTHING!!!

• Ki
      1st of Nov, 2010

This comapny is now going by the name of TIMELESS IMAGES STUDIOS...BEWARE!!!

• Cr
      4th of Mar, 2012

Please DO NOT use MJS or Timeless Images photography company. This is their new name now. I got married in 2009 and not only do I not have my pictures, but I can't get a phone call back either! I spent $2000 and I do not know how these people could live with themselves knowing that they do not deliver the merchandise! I even called the photographer that shot our wedding but, he no longer works there because the company stopped paying him!! Our photographer was excellent, too bad he got caught up working for those crooked people. I'm interested in pursuing a law suit also because the memories of the most special day of my life are gone! Chrissy