Midas / work never done
October 23, 2007 I had my truck in at Midas location Manchester New Hampshire. I had paid for Midas touch maint package, Bulb lights and state inspection. I was advised that my Truck did not pass inspection due to muffler, and right outer tie rod. I was aware that I needed a tire rod but I didn't understand any other issues. 11 hours later on October 24, 2007 at 9:00 am in the morning my brake went out. The brake pedal suddenly went to the floor, due to the left brake hose rupturing. The metal part of the left front brake hose was bent up causing it to be in the incorrect position; which resulted in its failure.' Midas should have noticed this defect on 10/23/07 when Midas performed the visual courtesy check which I had paid for. It was advised in writing from Midas that, no immediate attention was needed for brake lines/hoses. How could this error been missed? Due to Midas missing this defect it has cost our family's safety, towing expenses, taxi cost, brake line and Midas bill, a total of $385.61.
Since that time our family has paid for another opinion on ALL work performed by Midas and found our exhaust doesn't need to be replaced. We have been advised that our filter was not replaced. We are appalled, disgusted and shocked that this was missed and work was not preformed at all. Our family is more upset that we paid for Midas to do a safety check and that check was NEVER DONE. Missing this caused our family to almost DIE in an accident with losing our brakes. Thank god no one was hurt.
More Midas Complaints & Reviews
- Midas - fraudulent billing and gouging 
- Midas - horrible customer experience 
- Midas - do not want to replace faulty battery
- Midas - messed up my entire break system 
- Midas - worker scam 
- Midas International Corporation - brakes
- Midas International Corporation - service
- Midas International Corporation - car totaled when brakes failed after brakes done at midas bothell, wa
- Midas International Corporation - oil change
- Midas International Corporation - heater core replaced