MFG / Billed my credit card without authorization!

I don't even know who or what this company is or does. I received unauthorized charges billed to my credit card this month and when I call the number they've provided all you ever receive is "I'm sorry you've reached us after hours." I'm not sure when they actually work but I know I want these charges removed from my account immediately!!!

Comments

• Ra
      31st of Mar, 2007

MFG - The same exact thing has happened to me. I guess they think that since it's only a $9.xx charge that no one will put in the time to get it credited back, but if they do it enough times, they will make lots of money. I don't know what to do, but somethings got to be done!

• Er
      4th of Apr, 2007

I also received a charge for $9.xx on my credit card from MFG! Has anyone been able to figure out what this company is. I have been told be the bank they have something to do with advertising and that they are out of Miami Florida

• Lu
      20th of Feb, 2017

@Eric It's the same number that pops up on tv when I saw it it said it's for a dental plan

• Do
      9th of Apr, 2007

I got the same charge, $9.25 on 3/28/07. The customer support number 1-800-306-9442 will always tell you that you have called after business hours. This number will also allow you to select an instant credit card refund if you will enter your credit card number to their automated system - YAH! I got you credit card bank to remove/dispute the charge. Now they have to provide backup data to support the charge or I get the money back.

• Bi
      11th of Apr, 2007

Same thing, charged on 3/3/07. VISA wants to re-issue my card for this. I think this company has a great scam going. The phone number on my bill is 877-211-0117, but same automated message.

• Ap
      19th of Apr, 2007

I too received this charge from MFG. Has anyone found out anything on them? Or how to get the charge removed? I was billed $9.xX on 4/2/07.

Thanks!!!

• Pa
      20th of Apr, 2007

Hey, I'm a daring guy, so I called the number 877-211-0117 and I did the automated credit thing and entered my credit card when prompted. The message said I will receive a credit within 3 to 4 business days. I will post a follow up to let you know if this was successful or not.

• Ju
      20th of Apr, 2007

Reported to my Credit Card Company. Who immediately refunded charges. After calling, I also received the GENERIC answering service with they are past operation hours at 1:20PM EST. Hmm.. Florida is EST as well! Not only that they only give you (2) options. Billing and Customer service. One option is to enter your Card Number for a "Instant refund!" Recommend that no one does that. Why would that even be an option for a real company??? SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! Recommend that any and all affected call your BANK and re-issue a new card account! Good luck.

• Am
      20th of Apr, 2007

I just discovered I had the $9.25 charge on my debit card from the same outfit. I immediately contacted my bank and they canceled my debit card and are issuing me a new one.

• Dr
      21st of Apr, 2007

Same thing for us on 4/9/07 - same phone number - same 2 options for automated billing and customer service. What a pain to now have to get a new debit card. What is odd is that I NEVER use my debit card online. I can't figure out how they got it. I can't speak to my bank until Monday. These scams suck.

• Pa
      22nd of Apr, 2007

Just following up from my previous post. I did the automated credit thing when I called their number and I just received the credit back to my card today for $9.25. Will keep monitoring it though in case I see some other bullcrap charges come through.

Later,
    Paul

• Ke
      23rd of Apr, 2007

Similar MFG experience here. My bank posted a $9.25 withdrawal on 4/18/07. After checking within the family to see if anyone else may know what the charge was, I called the number on Friday evening or Saturday. I got the same bull***t recording and figured I try on Monday. But Saturday evening I received a $9.25 deposit back into my account! This was without me leaving any credit card number. It was almost as if they refunded the money because I called from my home phone and they matched the caller ID up to my account?

Today I contacted my bank and asked if they could check with their security department. They called back and all that they could tell me was that it was for "advertising services". Guess I'm going to have to cancel our cards again! CRAP! What a PIA! Damn Scammers!

• Br
      24th of Apr, 2007

Just got this crap on my Wachovia check card.

Wachovia so far has been no help - they can't get through to the department that handles this stuff. They ended up giving me a number, 866-415-2029, that just rings for about a minute after you press the option to speak with someone and then tells you to try calling back later.

Great job, Wachovia.

• Mi
      24th of Apr, 2007

Did any of you buy from Amazon.com right before this charge appeared? My credit card company claims it is a part of Amazon's charges. I'm going to try to find out from Amazon.

• Br
      25th of Apr, 2007

I really really doubt this has anything to do with Amazon.

#1 why are the charges not in Amazon's name? Who the hell is "MFG"?

#2 why doesn't anybody human ever answer MFG's telephone?

#3 why are all the charges for exactly $9.25?

You know what I think this is? This is a salami scam with some thick slices. It's a well-known fact that the Secret Service will not investigate credit card fraud unless the amount is significant. They won't bother for $9.25.

But you take that $9.25 and multiply it by hundreds or thousands of credit card accounts and it is a SIGNIFICANT amount of money for the crooks responsible.

I finally got ahold of Wachovia's fraud department. They cancelled my card (since the number has obviously been compromised for MFG to be able to bill to it), refunded the money, and are going to send me an affidavit to fill out along with a new card.

• To
      26th of Apr, 2007

This is a scam... Call your credit card and get a refund and a new card. Once you start to deny the charges they will sell your card to some else and you will get new charges from them.

• Kr
      27th of Apr, 2007

Same thing happened to me on my Omega Check card. Unauthorized Charge to my debit card for $9.85 on 4-17-2007 listed as 'BIT BIT 800-618-2815 CA'. Called my bank, and they couldn't trace anything, just told me I should cancel my card and get a new one, as they too thought the transaction looked suspicious. I, too, called the number and option '1' To speak to a customer service rep... well they were always busy according to the message and i was told to try again later. option '2' was for billing and i was prompted to enter my credit card for instant credit back to my card! Well, i didnt' enter my card number... especially after reading this thread.

• Pt
      30th of Apr, 2007
    MFG - Unauthorized charges

I have also had these charges on my card. $9.25, to be exact. Any luck on who these jerks are? the number the bank gave was the same as others have got, with the same recording.

1st of May, 2007

My God i though I was the only one... Reading this it only seems like only bank cards have been scammed. Heres a List of online retailers i shopped at within the past year. See if you have any in common... I doubt that this was done through stolen card info but its worth investigating.

Auctions4acause.com
    Strongidea.com
    Woot.com

• Fb
      3rd of May, 2007

Another victim right here !!!

Tran Post
    Date Date Reference Desc. Amt.
    04/23 04/24 24493987113207879300504 BIT 800-618-2815 CA $9.85

This is on my Visa. I'm about to call my bank. Hope I won't get the run around.

4th of May, 2007

I just had this same thing happen to me! I had a charge for $9.25 out of nowhere so I decided to call my bank. They didn't know where the charge came from so they gave me the number that was there. It was the 877-211-0117 number, and I also have a Wachovia checking account. After getting the same message and I actually entered in my credit card numbers like an idiot, I called the bank back and they cancelled my debit card and are sending me a new one and put in a fraud claim. Then I also called my credit card company and had them cancel my cards and issue me new ones since they have those numbers now. It really is a pain and I don't know how these people are getting our information, but it seems like it's happening to a lot of Wachovia customers.