Mexicana Airlines / Scam

Booked a ticket to Oaxaca that I couldn't use because of work. Called at the time to ask them what the procedure was for reimbursement and/or flight changes. I was told I had a year to use the ticket with a $100.00 fee for the change, including changing the ticket to another destination. When I was ready to book again, I went online to check tickets from Los Angeles, to Cancun. Mind you, my original ticket was business class since they didn’t have first class. They wouldn't know class if it hit them!!! I was glad to see the fare was only $3.00 off my original ticket. I called Mexicana reservation and tried to make the change: after being left on hold by the ticket agent for 25 minutes (she kept telling me she was checking for the "better" price), she came back to tell me I had to pay an extra $500.00 (approx). When I told her I had been online and checked for those exact flight on those exact dates and the fare was approximately the same as my ticket. I was told that fare was a special and they could not apply it to my change. I can fly for $500.00 coach to Cancun. This is a total scam. I was also supposed to be able to be reimbursed my ticket minus a $100.00 for penalty should I choose to do so but even after talking to an agent on the phone for 45 minutes on a previous call, I still was getting nowhere. I would NEVER EVER book anything with them again and am now spreading the word.

Va

Comments

• Er
      16th of Jun, 2008

We flew back from Cancun Mexico on Mexicana airlines and had our digital camera, video camera, and two cell phones stolen.

Mexicana airlines staff were no help, and what I have been reading this happens quite frequently. We flew Friday the 13, 2008 back form Mexico City to DFW airport.