Mcdonalds / awful service

1 Severn, MD, United States Review updated:

So it was around 4:30am and myself and some coworkers decided to stop at the local McDonalds for some food before their flight. We went through the drive thru and were told that there was no meat ready. This a 24 hour McDonalds. After hearing this we decided to just head to the airport. So on my way back I stopped there again figuring everything was good to go by then. This time I decided to go inside. It was a little after 5:30 and I went to open one of the doors only to find out that it was still locked. The time listed was 5am, so it should have been opened. I looked inside to see if anyone was around and saw 4 McDonalds employees sitting at a table talking. I knocked on the door and pointed to the sign hanging listing the time. One of the people inside pointed towards to me and they all began to laugh. I felt so stupid. I decided to go through the drive thru and try that way. I ordered my food and drove to the last window. I paid and told the cashier that maybe next time they should post a sign out front if they aren't going to be opening on the time listed on the sign. I was very polite about it too. Her response was "Whatever Sir, have a nice day!" That was it. Turns out she was actually the manager too. Now how sad is that? Later that day I contacted a number found on the McDonalds site under customer service. I called and explain what happened, the lady I talked to sounded as if she could have cared less. I then asked her for the corporate number only to be told that she was unable to disclose that information. That made no sense whatsoever. So I just told her my contact info and asked for someone to call me back.

I got a call the following day from the owner of the McDonalds, obviously it was privately owned. Right off the bat he was apologizing for my bad experience and hold that he wouldn't be loosing my business. He then attempted offer me coupons/discounts if I came back to them. I automatically told him 'NO'. I stated that I wasn't looking for freebies, I just wanted him to know what had happened. He let me know that he was planning on having a meeting at that McDonalds the next day and he would find out what was going on with the employees. So I never got a response back or anything, so who knows what happened. Probably nothing.

Comments

• Me
      26th of Aug, 2009

Nonniemouse, it was morning, MY HUSBAND (who I was speaking for) and the coworkers were there for BREAKFAST! Not dinner and hamburgers, the breakfast meat sandwiches, obviously you've never purchased anything breakfast related at McDonalds! And just for your info this McDonalds opens at 5am, that's what it said on the sign out front. As for it being a 24/7 open, not sure where you're located but most of the McDonalds around us are open all the time, the drive thru that is.

• Mr
      8th of Sep, 2009

PM from by best friend, EileenRocks.
    "hey squiggy, here boy, come get you bone."
    Miss me, you dried up ###?

• Ta
      4th of Oct, 2009

WELL MELLISSA MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE COOKED YOUR OWN D*** FOOD AND NOT BE SO LAZY RELYING ON JUNK FOOD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.

YOU ALREADY KNOW YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO EAT THAT BECAUSE IT MAKES PEOPLE BIG AND FAT...SIR!!!