Matchmaker Internationaloutright stealing

1 Review updated:

On a holiday weekend, I got a call from Matchmaker. As a single person, I was feeling down, and they convinced me to come to their office to "visit'. During my visit, I was pressured to join, assured that the services were beyond anything I had seen on the Internet. They specifically addressed Match.com and eHarmony. In a dim office, the new 'Owner" a nice lady who affected a Scottish accent at times, pressured me to sign a contract. As I was leaving, she presented me with a possible dating scenario. The man she offered was a meterologist who I had already been corresponding with on Match. She said that she would check it out and get back with me- (his match.com profile must have been done before he joined Matchmaker). The next evening, I got a call from my credit card company investigating the charge.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Mobile, ALI immediately called to cancel, as I do not want to be associated with a company that needs investigation. I was assured by the owner, I think her name was Andrea, that all of my money would be returned, as no work had been done.
It has been a month, and they finally gave back $900 of $2, 400. The refund only came after I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It looks like these folks will get to keep $1, 600. While they are thieves and liars, making up terrible stories about me, I have to take some of the blame. I visited them at a vulnerable time, and allowed myself to be pressured into something totally out of character for me. BEWARE- Matchmaker's contracts are very tricky, and they do not honor what they say. It appears from this site that I am not the first person they have taken advantage of in the Mobil office, and probably won't be the last.

Comments

• Me
      Jul 10, 2009

online dating sites
    Posted: 10th of Jul, 2009 by [protected]@live.com

where are the honest people?

Complaint Rating:
    I have had my share of meeting people that have lied, and even stole from me. Are there any good places left to meet someone in this country? I work hard and have a lot to offer someone and don't have a lot of baggage please tell me where to meet good, honest people...

• My
      Jan 20, 2010

I have worked for Matchmaker Intl. and it is a total and complete scam. They prey on people at weak moments and make them feel that they will be there for them, however once the credit card runs, check is written, etc., you are in and they stop "being there". SAVE YOUR MONEY & DIGNITY!!