Matchmaker International — outright stealing
On a holiday weekend, I got a call from Matchmaker. As a single person, I was feeling down, and they convinced me to come to their office to "visit'. During my visit, I was pressured to join, assured that the services were beyond anything I had seen on the Internet. They specifically addressed Match.com and eHarmony. In a dim office, the new 'Owner" a nice lady who affected a Scottish accent at times, pressured me to sign a contract. As I was leaving, she presented me with a possible dating scenario. The man she offered was a meterologist who I had already been corresponding with on Match. She said that she would check it out and get back with me- (his match.com profile must have been done before he joined Matchmaker). The next evening, I got a call from my credit card company investigating the charge.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Mobile, ALI immediately called to cancel, as I do not want to be associated with a company that needs investigation. I was assured by the owner, I think her name was Andrea, that all of my money would be returned, as no work had been done.
It has been a month, and they finally gave back $900 of $2, 400. The refund only came after I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It looks like these folks will get to keep $1, 600. While they are thieves and liars, making up terrible stories about me, I have to take some of the blame. I visited them at a vulnerable time, and allowed myself to be pressured into something totally out of character for me. BEWARE- Matchmaker's contracts are very tricky, and they do not honor what they say. It appears from this site that I am not the first person they have taken advantage of in the Mobil office, and probably won't be the last.
More Matchmaker International Complaints & Reviews
- Matchmaker International - matchmaker scam artists! 
- Matchmaker International - scam!!! 
- Matchmaker International - dating service 
- Matchmaker International - matchmaker international of mobile is not a scam 
- Matchmaker International - matchmaker doesnt know what there doing 
- Matchmaker International - this is a total rip off.
- Matchmaker International - fraud
- Matchmaker International - poor matches to none
- Matchmaker International - left with clients money
- Matchmaker International - scam