Mars Veterinary / Fraud

Through my vet, I had a Wisdom Panel MX done for my dog Marley. I was charged $135.00 for this test, and its results are totally bogus. Here is quote from the report: "You should see traits from: ------ (blank). You May see traits from: ------ (blank). There's a slight Chance of seeing traits from: Beagle, Chow Chow and Siberian Husky." "Results like Marley's are found in about 70% of mixed breed dogs in the U.S." It's noteworthy that probably 9 out of 10 people believe my dog is a border collie (possibly a border collie/lab).

Va

More Mars Veterinary Complaints & Reviews

Comments

31st of May, 2011
    Mars Veterinary - Bad service
    Mars Veterinary

I have read the complaints posted here and quite honestly was quite surprised. We had our little dog tested and at first didn't beleive the results. After talking with their on staff DVM, Dr. Hughes, we now fully understand how the results were derived and why she looks like she does. Dr. Hughes explained to us the basics of canine genetics and the difference between dominant and recessive traits. At the end of the day, dogs, like people, can look alot different then their parents.

If you doubt the results, give them a call. Worse case you get your money back.