Magnavox / Shuts off for no reason

I bought a magnavox 27" tv about 4 months ago. All the sudden, ill be watching tv, and the damn thing will just shut off. Ill turn it on, then it will just shut off again. Some times it will stay on for 10 min, sometimes not even ten seconds. In the course of a minute, i will have to turn in back on about 6-7 times. I called magnavox, and they told me i would have to PAY to have someone fix it. Not only that, that i would have to lug the tv across town, the Pay for someone to fix my 4 month old tv. Magnavox sucks, im telling everyone. They are about to get some really really bad press. I'm going everywhere, consumer reports, consumer affairs, pretty much anywhere i can tell the public have horrible magnavox is. Oh yea, and i will never buy anything philips either.

Comments

• Ka
      31st of Aug, 2017

Magnavox makes the worst TV's out there. I bought a new one from Sam's Club. After only 2 months, I started to see grey splotches on the screen. I cleaned the screen, unplugged the TV to let it reset, tried different inputs to see if it was the signal or the TV, everything. It obviously was the TV. So I went to their website to contact them about this obvious defect in their workmanship. They gave me a local repair place to contact about repairs. I tried calling that place several times and never got voicemail or an answer. I called Magnavox back for a different place. They gave me another place to contact. By the time I actually talked to a person there, they told me I needed an authorization number to get it fixed. So I called Magnavox back to get that number and then because this all took so long, they said it was now out of warranty. After demanding to talk to a supervisor, I got my number, took it to their authorized repair center where the guy looked at me and said; "why are you bringing such a small TV to me? We never repair these." I told him I was only doing what Magnavox told me, so he checked it out. Two weeks later after several calls to him and never being able to get ahold of him, he said he couldn't fix it. Again I called Magnavox and went through the whole "it's not under warranty" fight. Their solution was to send me a box to return the TV to them and they would do something about it. They also said it was going to take 4 weeks to get resolved. I only have 1 TV! I live alone. Why do I need more than 1 TV? So I would have to be without a TV for 4 weeks while they take their sweet time deciding what to do with their crap. They sent me the box to return the defective TV to them and I chucked it in the garbage. I bought an LG TV and now just tell everyone how much Magnavox sucks. Nothing makes me happier than to see someone at the store looking at a Magnavox TV and I walk up behind them and tell them they're the worst TV manufacturer on the planet. They are better off staring at a blank wall than buy that TV.

19th of Sep, 2018
    Magnavox - dvd-r
    Phoenixville
    Pennsylvania
    stopmakingshit.com

formats dvds that wont play on other dvd players
    fails to format dvds entirely
    remote is sluggisj