Maacs, Inc / Response from company

1 57 INGERSOL DR, Portland, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-667-3964

The following is an update for everyone who has posted on this site:

Emilio rodriquez received full refund 1 / 23
John mathew received full refund
Jordan romberg full refund through credit card

John holloman received 3 separate shipments from us (At no additional charge) and we have no record of your request to cancel your apecs. If you want to cancel simply request it through our ticket system.

Lance leidholm refund check mailed on 5 / 2
Marc miller refund check issued 3 / 20
Kevin holmes refund check issued 3 / 20
Matthew grife refund check issued 3 / 20
Matthew flood refunded $248
Nick praska received refund 3 / 13
Maj minnick full refund through credit card
Ben pierce received refund 1 / 2

The following i can’t help until i have your full name or order number.

J paquin
Mac
Betty joe
Harv
Brandon

The following i don’t have record of, please provide order number.

Ed vindale
Maurice salazar
Bryan white

The following we had no record of cancelation, checks were mailed today for all items not received.

David sadler $76
Thomas fitzgerald $459. 48
Mark spivey $55. 45
Nikki ramsey $123
Tim poling $154. 75
Stephen hallenbeck $191. 18

Nick page in fact received two refunds, one from us via a refund on his card and one from his credit card company in the form of a chargeback.

Allow me to set the record straight. I am in fact a female service disabled veteran and a us citizen. I spent 15 years in uniform serving our country. I also haven't been on a vacation in years despite what is being said.

I am sorry that the handful of you were not satisfied with the service we provided. I take complete responsibility for how this was handled. The volume of the business we were doing overwhelmed our systems and it took some time to get it under control.

However, the abu production and delivery fiasco was completely out of our control, were weren't even notified by propper that there was in issue until months later. That being said we at maacs have successfully provided goods and services to tens of thousands of military members in our relatively short history. We were also one of the first companies to start delivering abus commercially the first week of august during our move to a new facility.

We have offered and continue to offer free shipping, free sewing and free equipment to help make up for the delay, all at our expense. We have done two, three and sometime four shipments per order to expedite getting whatever we could to you, again, all at our expense. We have also refunded nearly $200, 000 and counting to customers wishing to cancel.

If you wish to continue to take time out of your busy days to going on smearing my name and my company's name, that is your choice, but i would hope you would at least attempt to use our ticket system located on the customer service page of our website to communicate with us in the future.

As a veteran, i wish you all the best. I hope that whatever endeavour you choose to take part in after your military service goes perfectly. My experience however is that most people don't have the guts to put their own money and time on the line to start their own business

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Br
      22nd of Feb, 2009

Here's a link to a report about this on the BBB website, with contact info:

- Bryan

• Br
      22nd of Feb, 2009

Here's an update on this issue from another MAACS victim (me). I filed a complaint with the Maine AG's office several months ago. I was then contacted by one of their attorneys to submit an affadavit, which I did. Their office filed a fradulant business practices case against MAACS. I just received a package from the AG's office with the results. MAACS settled out of court and agreed to several terms and conditions, without admitting any guilt. One of the terms is that they must issue refunds to all their customers who have requested them within 30 days of the settlement order. They are also required to post a link on their website with a copy of the settlement agreement. The site is down right now, but keep checking it. The settlement lists everyone's name that the AG's office had who MAACS is required to repay. It also has contact info for the AG's office if you are a victim not listed in the settlement. I also have a copy of the settlement so if you want to know if you are listed, reply to this post with your name. I will try to check back on this site periodically and respond. Hope this helps

- Bryan

27th of Nov, 2008

As of Wednesday, 26 Nov 08, the check that Allison stated would be mailed on 30 Jun 08 has _not_ arrived.

• Jp
      12th of Nov, 2008

Allison; you're a liar!
    I have contacted you repeatedly for a refund for over a year!! With all of my info.
    You blow me off every time.

All i have to say is, have fun in court! You deserve everything you have got coming and then some. Read the article below folks!

J. Paquin

• Jh
      20th of Oct, 2008

Maybe a letter writing campaign to the following would help:

Macdonald, Allison
    4 Chestnut Dr
    Scarborough, ME 04074
    207-883-5728

• Je
      2nd of Oct, 2008

Allison,

You still owe me $100.20 and you have the nerve to tell us we don't have the guts to open our own business? I just got back from Baghdad. Compare your business with that. I am not questioning your service. That is not the issue. The issue is your thieving business.

I have used your trouble ticket system and I still haven't received my money back. Just give people their money back and you won't have this criticism against your company.

Jeff Howerton

• Je
      24th of Sep, 2008

I am a MAACS victim as well. I won't go into my sob story because it matches all of your to a tee. I am out $186.11. My original invoice number was 32665 and my supposed customer ticket number was 3011. I ordered my stuff in October of 2007. Please help if you can.

13th of Sep, 2008

13 Sep 2008, still no type of reply received from maacs, inc. from the so-called " Customer Service Ticket System " concerning my ABU order . Is this company still in business ? No replies from them since June .

3rd of Sep, 2008

As of Saturday, 30 Aug 08, the check that Allison stated would be mailed on 30 Jun 08 has _not_ arrived.

25th of Aug, 2008

As of Saturday, 23 Aug 08, the check that Allison stated would be mailed on 30 Jun 08 has _not_ arrived.

• To
      20th of Aug, 2008

If anyone is considering a class action law suit, they should post more info here...there are more that just a couple folks that would join in. Right now I have my action with my credit card disputes department where they are researching credit card fraud.

As soon as I get this closed off I will engage with the better business bureau and any other publication magazine that I can to stop people from using this company which is no more than a business fraud. How despicable…take money from veterans, put it in your account, gain the interest off the money and then badger and deny them when they want a refund. Claim to be a veteran…I’d be ashamed to even call myself a respectable business person. I too have had a claim in (#2389) and wonder if they will even ever look at the request.

I believe the best course is a class action law suit where we demand a refund as well as payment for time, lawyer fees, interest and damages. That should be enough to bankrupt the company, put it out of business and make sure no other veteran gets treated this way!

13th of Aug, 2008

By the way MAACS inc. and Miss Allison... if you can prove me wrong about the way you do business I'll be one of the first one's to apologize ! Show some type of integrity.

13th of Aug, 2008

Integrity is surely not a part of this company from what I can see. It's ashame . Then to have the audacity to try to continue selling other products associated with military personnel . I wish I had went with U.S.Calvary ... I've bought numerous products from them and they always came through with no problem. It's true that now one can get any type of response from MAACS . These people know what they are doing isn't right.

• Ri
      13th of Aug, 2008

I ordered 24 Sept 2007. Due to being lied to and ignored mutliple times i cancelled my order on 8 Feb 2008. I have contacted MAACS numerous times with no response from phone calls, emails, trouble ticket responses, BBB complaints, certified letters (declined) and Attorney General of Maine. Even after cancelling (and receiving an email saying my order was cancelled) they told me they had no record of my cancelling the order. I have tried to settle this myself but I have talked to the legal department on base who stated I did everything correct and my next step would have to be legal actions. I am looking for legal guidance for this. I may not get my money back but this HORRIBLE company wouldn't be able to STEAL from other service members. She should be too ashamed to say her comment about "I am in fact a female service disabled veteran and a US citizen. I spent 15 years in uniform serving our country." She is supposedly a disabled veteran but seems to have no issue when it comes to stealing from her fellow servicemembers. Her comment is just a ploy to trick us into using her HORRIBLE company. I hoped to settle this nicely but she has pushed my hand into the path of legal actions so if any of you hear of a class action suit please email me so i can jump on board. Thanks for reading and PLEASE find a decent company instead of MAACS to purchase anything.

• Ti
      11th of Aug, 2008

Allison,

I've been reading many complaints, including postings from you, on the https://www.complaintsboard.com. I agree with just about everyone who has placed a complaint on the complaints board. You have not taken care of folks as you should. Your resume as being a military member for 15 yrs and disabled, is not paying my bills. You are violating the law - end of story! Stop the cry-baby excuses and make good to the military community! If you think people are on a smear campaign with you and your company, well, I tell you this. I personally am not trying to smear your company, nor you personally. However, I am saying it like it is. I have given plenty of latitude and consideration due to manufacturing issues. But when I cancelled, I expect my money back in a reasonable amount of time. Your actions, or lack there of, is completely inexcusable. Your resume for being a veteran is commendable and I thank you for your service. However, that is completely irrelevant to the issue of fraud and theft. It is not an allegation, it is a fact. Trust me, I know the difference. In the Air Force we have Core Values - Integrity First, Service Before Self, and Excellence in all We Do. Have you ever applied these values in your company? If so, you sure didn't show signs of that while I've been a customer. Your phone system is broke because you can never get to anyone except Helen's voice mail saying she cannot respond to messages. Your ticket system is also broke since I have not received a response in - I don't remember. Please put your integrity and words where your mouth is. Impress those still serving. Bring honor back to your company. Send us our money back!

10th of Aug, 2008

As of 09 Aug 08, the check that Allison stated would be mailed to me on 30 Jun 08 has _not_ arrived.

30th of Jul, 2008

Well I suppose after posting here about my complaint with the ABU issue, it must have caused "the company" to totally disregard my inquiries. Yes...I'm a victim too . I can't seem to get any response from them at all now. I went to the Customer Service ticket area after I was told that I would hopefully receive my shipment in 7 -10 days . That was 21 June 2008 ... Ticket #1062 Order #39272.
    After a month...22 July 2008 and no items ! I write Customer Service rep via e-mail and they send me this response : I'm sorry we do not have your size in stock, etc. That is why I posted the statements previously. If someone has received any merchandise let me know please.
    Miss Allison @ MAACS, inc why are you avoiding this issue ? Even the people that want refunds aren't receiving them.BOGUS !

Carl Morgan

28th of Jul, 2008

I agree with the previous statement . I would like everyone to know : PLEASE DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY . YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE YOUR MERCHANDISE THAT YOU PAID FOR AND THEN GET THE "RUNAROUND" WHEN YOU INQUIRE ABOUT THE ITEMS . I JUST THOUGHT AS A MILITARY SERVICE MEMBER ...THIS WOULD NOT HAPPEN TO ME ! How naive right ?

• Ki
      22nd of Jul, 2008

Allison (MAACS, Inc.),

After months of unacceptable customer service regarding my original order (Ticket No. 40825), I requested a refund of all non-shipped items on 01 July. To date I have not received ANY acknowledgement that my request is being addressed let alone actually receiving a refund.

I have submitted three separate requests via your new ticket system because the first two tickets were deleted without reason. The most recent ticket was opened seven days ago and has not received a response from anyone in your company.

After reading the testimonies on this site, I too must agree that this is the worst case of poor business practices I have ever encountered. Your company has deliberately misled its customers, failed to provide paid-for services and equipment, and ultimately inadequately issued refunds for your failures.

I am an extremely reasonable person and have been more than patient and accommodating with your company. However, I have never been treated with such disrespect as to be completely ignored when your company owes me more than $400.

I have an incredibly hectic schedule and better things to do with my time, but do believe it is every victim’s responsibility to speak out to prevent others from experiencing similar fates. This is why I am posting on this site. This is why I will continue to warn every other servicemember I know to never use your company. This is why I am filing a complaint against your company with the BBB. And this is why I will be consulting the Attorney General’s office of how to issue a more formal complaint and attempt to recuperate a portion of the lost funds.

In the end it isn’t about the money, it is about doing what is right. I am sincerely sorry this matter could not be handled in a more appropriate manner.

Respectfully,
    Capt Kim Fallon

21st of Jul, 2008

Allison,

I placed an order (#27064) on 18 August 2007. This was for two (2) Airman Battle Uniforms (ABU). In October 2007, I downgraded my order to one (1) ABU top, and one (1) ABU bottom. I received the refund for the parts of the order I cancelled. I have waited almost one year now for my order to be fulfilled. I have asked at least once a month since then the status of my order. I was told each time that you were expecting a sizeable shipment from Propper later that week or the following week, and expected that my order would be shipped within one week. I finally got fed up with being given the run around, and since I had gotten my uniforms through other companies, I cancelled my order in March. I have since to receive my refund. I have sent numerous e-mails, and opened numerous tickets. For one week in May, every ticket I opened was closed within 12 hours, with no response. I was told in early June that my refund check would be sent within the week. Here it is, over a month later, and I still have no refund check. I can't reach anyone on the phone, and the latest ticket I opened (2463) has been open for over a week now, with no response. The ticket before that (2017) was open for over two weeks with no response, and closed last week.

You keep passing the blame onto Propper for the uniform outages. I have seen these problems affect other companies, but not nearly to the extent that your company claims. Nor have I ever seen a company take so long giving back a refund. I have since filed a BBB complaint, to no end. While I was filing my complaint, I saw that MAACS, Inc. has received over 330 complaints within the last year, with the majority of them dealing with failure to provide service or refunds, and with customer service issues. The vast majority of those went unresolved on the company's end.

In my estimation, MAACS, Inc. has failed to meet the expectations of customers. This is not just a dissatisfied few; every person whom I have spoken to that ordered a uniform through MAACS, Inc. is completely dissatisfied with your service. I am grateful that you have since stopped selling the uniform on your site, since you cannot fulfill orders like you promised. Now you need to give people back the money you stole from them. I know that with my $82 I am one of the more fortunate ones, as I didn't have a whole lot to loose. I don't know what is going on, but you need to do better. I, as well, am in the process of filing a complaint with the Maine Attorney General's Office. I doubt that that will do any good, but I can hope.

Since you claim that you are so committed to those who still serve in the uniform, do your part. Fulfill the orders you have, and give the money back to those that want it. It shouldn't take 21 days (or a year) for someone's refund to be processed.

I look forward to having your reply, and my check in the mail, very shortly.