Lowe's Home Improvement / employment ethics
One day I had applied to Lowe's via their online application process. Two weeks later I was contacted by a woman informing me that they were hiring temporary cashiers for the summer at their Newington, Connecticut location. It was at this time that I had set up an interview with a person at the store. It is from this point on where everything goes horribly wrong.
First off, I live 10 miles from this particular store, and this comes into play later. On a Thursday morning, I arrive for my appointment at Lowe's. I go in and up to the front desk and announce my arrival for my appointment.
From this point I am told to go to the back of the store to a room used for interviews and training and such. It is here that I meet with a woman only to have her tell me that my interviewer was out due to her kid being sick and not able to go to school. I gave the woman my resume and she proceeded to sit me at a computer for 10 minutes or so. It was at this computer where I had to take some sort of an analysis test (IE: "what would you do in such and such a situation" and have to pick from 4 answers).
After finishing this test I told the woman I had completed the test and she said that the woman who was originally scheduled to interview me would call me soon to reschedule the interview. I didn't think anything of it and left.
Anyway, it turns out the woman never called me back and a week later sent me a typical generic rejection letter. I had wasted my time and liquid gold (Gas) driving to and from there only to be lied to right to my face. I don't have money to waste on this type of crap.
This wasn't the first time Lowe's screwed me over. I had interviewed TWICE at the Meriden, Connecticut store (before it's grand opening) only to again be lied to straight to my face with this "we'll call you in a few days" nonsense.
If this is how Lowe's treats it's applicants, I'd hate to see how their employees are treated. I feel that this isn't a company with good ethics.
Be aware if you interview with this place. It could be the biggest waste of your time ever.
More Lowe's Home Improvement Complaints & Reviews
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - remote control stopped working! 
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - loud enough to not use it 
- Lowes - retaliation for calling corporate 
- Lowe's Advantage Extended Warranty - they will not pay service provider for approved warranty work 
- Lowes - false advertisement and lowes is cheating people out of there money 
- Lowes - denied non receipt returns under $10.00
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - washing machine return and managers nasty attitude
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - harbor breeze ceiling fan model #0087, ul model #52-gv
- Lowes - refrigerator
- Lowes - credit card limit