Lord & Taylor / fraud and cheating

1 424 Fifth Ave - 5th FloorNew York City, NY, United States Review updated:

I had the misfortune of getting a sales woman with no patience, very rude, and rushed me through the whole ordeal of a sale and return, July 11th It was the manner in which she did it, I'm under the impression that she thinks this will never be reported. When I got on the main floor I asked another sales person how I could get this persons ID number and she showed me on the receipt that her ID would be [protected] above that was [protected] this person needs to be retrained AGAIN. Its ashame that you have to run into these people, Then on my way out of the store I saw a sweater I really liked you were having a sale so I went over to the sales person again on the 5th floor and asked her if she could scan the item to see if it was on sales she asked me where I had been they announced that the store was going to close and she was busy getting her register together and I had two announcement. (It was the manner in which she spoke very NASTY, and like I was a CHILD) in other words DON'T BOTHER ME NOW I'M COUNTING UP TO GO HOME AND YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN LISTENING - she was closing up the register on the 5th floor in the SIGNATURE DEPT.

I REALLY LIKE LORD & TAYLOR AND SHOP THERE OFTEN BUT SOME OF YOUR SALES PEOPLE ARE GETTING OUT OF HAND. This incident happened on July11th, 2008. I'm sure both these sales people would never think this would be reported.

Comments

• Si
      10th of Aug, 2008

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience. Let me give you some tips for the next time. If the associate is rude, make him/her call a manager and explain the situation. I understand that sometimes the store is trying to close and some associates would like to leave on time but it is not an excuse for bad manners. There are always customers who wait until the last minute. In this case, ALL the associates are delayed and have to wait until the last customer is gone. This associate was counting the money when you came to pay? Unfortunately, once the cash drawer is open, it cannot be closed or stopped, they need to count the money and close the register. When you see that happening, ask the associate if he can point you in the direction of an open register. Of course, I agree being rude and impolite is not the L&T way.

27th of Oct, 2008

You would be rude too if you were forced to work 10 days in a row without a day off. L & T are unfair to their employees.

• Re
      8th of Sep, 2009

who do you think you are? that somebody would stay all night to serve you? You act like a child, you should be treated like a child?