Local Heroes / re: taking payment for job without completion

1 United Kingdom

2nd June 2018
Tradesperson contracted by Local Heroes - Boiler Servicing 24-7

I had initially booked a consultation for a faulty shower unit on 2nd June and was advised following the visit that I would need a new shower replacement. During the consultation I was given assurances by the plumber that he would recommend a new shower unit and that he would inform the office of this choice who would subsequently contact me.

On 4th June I received a quote for 2 hours labour that I would need to pay for the plumber to install a new shower unit however no separate quote or information on the shower unit itself. I accepted the quote thinking following this payment Local Heroes would send me information on the shower unit chosen by the plumber however I still haven't received anything as at 13th June. I contacted them on 13th June to see where they were at with the process to find out no recommendation has been made. The tradesperson contracted by Local Heroes sent me an email stating I would need to choose this myself when I had specifically asked them to choose one and had been assured that they would.

I have now been 2 weeks without a functioning shower and made a payment for 2 hours labour without the plumber having any intention to complete the job. I have been misled and forced into falsely making a payment on the pretence that I had to in order to complete the process for the plumber to complete the job. It wasn't until I called that they actually responded and in doing so took the easy option of making me do the work behind choosing a new shower when I had asked them to do this.

This is deemed misleading the consumer when payment was made for labour and they seemingly never intended to carry out the job. especially when I've made a payment.

Am