Liposuction / bacterial infection

1 Aventura, FL, United States Review updated:

I went in for liposuction and what I got was a horrible bacterial infection, excruciating pain, horrific scarring. Turns out their operating room was contaminated with a micobacterium. After 3 months of surgery I noticed small lumps under my belly button ( area of procedure), they would not go away, so I went in to the doctor that did the lipo and they took a biopsy. The labs came back positive for a micobacterium and the doctor said it was no "big deal" that antibiotics could easily take care of. Well he was dead wrong, i was referred to a CDC specialist and he did a biopsy but quickly referred me to another plastic surgeon whom is an expert in dealing with this bacterial infection. I went to see him the following week and to my shock he explained that he would need to surgically remove all the infected tissue asap that I need a MRI to detect exactly where the infection was, and that the wound should remain open for months until the body healed from the inside out, I would also need wound cleaning 3 times a day (horrifically painful and expensive). Today 10 months after that liposuction I am still recovering from my third surgery (removal of infected tissue), I have horrible scars (i use to have a lovely scar free stomach). Pascual facility in Aventura Fl, turns out that they have had many cases like this and they are currently being sued. The attorney that won a case against them is waiting to see what will be the results because Pascual medical spa is threatening to go bankrupt. I am a young woman under 30 and my life was almost ruined by those people. Thank goodness the good doctor took all the infection out and I am alive. But Pacsual has not been helpful, I have not recieved any compensation, they did agree in fixing the scar but thats it. They even denied it was their fault claiming that bacteria lives in water but two of their doctors confirmed they had a huge contamination of that bacteria. I am in horror.. this bacteria cant be killed with chemicals it can only be killed with autoclave... stay away from Pascual medical centers in South Florida And if you are considering lipo or any invasive procedure ask about bacterial contamination and just dont do it...

Liposuction

Ni
Feb 9, 2015

More Liposuction Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Li
      2nd of Aug, 2016

hello,
    I am contacting you from a UK based TV company making a series on dieting and we are looking for people who have had a negative experience with lipo suction. be great to hear from you [protected]@littlegem.tv
    Thanks
    Eli

• Gr
      27th of Jun, 2017

నమస్తే
    నా పేరు భాస్కర్ .నేను సురారం లో ఉంటుంన్నాను .ఇక్కడ సురారం కాలనీ కి వెళ్ళే రూట్ లో అనగా సురారం రోడ్ నుండి సురారం కాలనీ కి వెళ్ళే రూట్ ( Opposite to HNA Restaurent) లో బెడ్స్ తాయారు చేసే షాప్ కి ఎదురుగా ఉన్న డ్రైనేజ్ నుండి వేస్ట్ వాటర్ లీక్ అవుతుంది.కావున దయచేసి మీరు వీలైనంత తొందరగా ఆ సమస్యను పరిష్కరిస్తారని కోరుకుంటున్నాం.
    ఇట్లు
    ఆకుల భాస్కర్.
    సురారం, కుత్భుల్లాపూర్ మండలం, రంగారెడ్డి జిల్లా.