Life Insurance / Death Benefits

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

My son took out an life insurance policy weeks before his untimely death. I discovered the policy while looking through his papers. I then called a Monumental Life and informed the agent of my sons death in 1998. They were too review the claim and send the benefits which included double indemnity. Since I had not heard anything from Monumental Life I called their office was told the claim was denied because my son had not taken an HIV test. A couple of weeks later Monumental life sent me a refund check for the initial monies my son paid to establish the policy and they made the check payable to my deceased son. I didn't cash the check since it was payable to him. Not only did Monumental Life withhold my sons death benefits they kept the initial payment for the policy. They never sent any paper work or a letter saying the insurance policy had was denied prior to my sons death or there after.

Ro
Mar 20, 2014

Comments

• Ro
      20th of Mar, 2014

Addendum: This was a new policy My son had taken out the life insurance policy with Monumental Life shortly before his death.

• Sq
      20th of Mar, 2014

They declined the policy because he knew he had AIDS. They are completely right and you are completely wrong, "Robbin1"