Lia Sophia / Bought a Ring

1 KY, United States Review updated:

I bought an expensive ring from Lia Sophia. This was my first time ever buying jewelry outside a jewelry store. I asked if the rings would turn your finger green. The answer I got was no it won't it is top of the line jewelry.
Now that my finger is green from the ring I plan on getting a full refund if it ever comes.
Also I had asked a former consultant who stated that the reason why my finger turned green was because of ME or my hormones or lotions (which I don't use). I said well that is funny because the finger right next to my now green finger is not green from my mother's ring or is the next finger over which has my wedding ban on it. Same hand don't you think if it was ME that caused the ring to turn my finger green that all my fingers would be green!! So why is that??? Could it simply be cheap jewelry being falsely sold as quality jewelry??? I couldn't get a non brain washed answer, she was like the 4th person I asked after seeing her comments on another online posting site.
Don't waste your money on this jewelry. If you wait for a good sale at your local jewelry store you can get jewelry that doesn't turn your finger green for the same price as their crap!

Comments

24th of May, 2011

Truthtellerforever where do you get off saying I have too much money?
    I have 7 daughters and 1 son so let me tell you when I buy something I save for it and then purchase it I think that is why I was so disappointed. Rarely do I purchase something for myself and my mother's ring was a gift hense the name mother's ring. My wedding ban was purchased years ago. First time I try to buy something nice for myself and it was simply junk. Your comment shows everyone how ignorant you are.

• Ir
      24th of May, 2011

I know people that sell Lia Sophia and they tell me upfront not to buy it for anyone I know because it is indeed garbage. Best of luck getting your money back.

2nd of Jun, 2011

Let me tell you now if your finger is turning GREEN I can assure you there is COPPER in that jewelry you purchased for sure.

Copper reacts to turns skin green. The piece you're wearing might not be pure copper, but it might have enough copper in it to cause a reaction, and some people seem to have body chemistry that's prone to staining.

Gold itself hardly ever stains your skin, it's the other metals that gold is mixed with that do. Copper, nickel and silver can be used to alter the color of gold, and make it stronger and more affordable. Any of those metals can cause discoloration on your skin.

• Lp
      29th of Sep, 2014

I experienced the same reaction...my wrist turned green after wearing the embrace cuff bracelet. I know that my skin will do this with "cheap" jewelry, so I am careful. I didn't think Lia Sophie was "cheap" so when I saw it at a benefit auction, I went for it! Well, at least the money went to a great cause. I would be very angry if I bought the bracelet through a show or so-called consultant.