Leor Skin Care / Dishonest marketing / scam

Cambridge, United Kingdom Review updated:

On 27th november i fell for the 'risk - free' trial on a website and paid £4. 95 on my bank card. As soon as i had done this the 'terms and conditions' popped up in very small print and i realised this was a dubious scheme. Within 15 hours of placing the order (And before the money had been taken from my account or the package could have left the distribution centre) i telephoned to cancel the order but this was refused. However i was given the address to return the package and assured that provided it was received by them within 30 days of placing the order, there would be no further charge. The package arrived on 2nd december and i immediately returned it with the contents unopened to the address given on the order sheet (The same as had been given to me by phone) . I notified the company by email that i had done this and retained proof of postage. Today (16th december) the package was returned to me from royal mail marked 'addressee gone away'. I telephoned leor customer care to inform them of this and that i would not incur any additional postage if they wanted it back. After consultation with his supervisor, the agent told me to keep the package and confirmed that there would be no further charge or shipment. I suspect that a non - existent address was given either in the hope that on return to me i would be persuaded to remain in the scheme 'at a discount' or that i would eventually be charged the outrageous sum threatened because the package had not been returned to them within time. I have now opened the paltry contents. I estimate the value of the 3 small plastic containers of 'cosmetic' to be in the region of £3 - 4. I have still not seen a price list of their products which says it all!7

Es
Dec 16, 2014

Comments

• Ca
      24th of Jan, 2015

Product information is enclosed with each shipment I have had three to date. The value of anything is subjective but whilst the products are in lightweight inexpensive containers the quality of the product is clearly evidenced with use and do improve and brighten the skin as marketed with no greasy residue.