KingsIsle Entertainment — They took my money
12/20/2010 I signed up for 1 year membership, for Wizard101, at $59.95. Within that year, I found I didn't play it as much asI had prior, so cancelled my membership.
I recently just happened to see on my credit card statement that
they had charged me in December. I didn't renew my membership so
contacted Kings Isle.
They (conveniently) said they found no record of my cancellation.
Per their help site, to cancel an account, you have to log into
said account and click on the Cancel Account button. I logged in and
there was no cancellation button available ...because I had already
canceled my account years prior. I let Kings Isle know I had proof
that my account was cancelled by me.
I explained that hadn't even played since 2011, and their software
can show this, but they won't tell me if they looked or what they
found when I asked them to check my profile to prove I hadn't played
I called my credit card company and had them stop the payment.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Plano, TX
KingsIsle sent me an email saying my account was banned permanently:
Response Via Email (KingsIsle Support) 04/28/2014 04:18 PM
Hi there!It appears you have already received the
refund of $59.95 by your bank. Please be assured the account is
banned permanently so no further charges can be applied.
I emailed them again and asked them how many times they had taken
money, here is their response:
Response Via Email (KingsIsle Support) 04/30/2014 01:21 PM
Greetings, The 12 month subscription has been charged a
total of 4 times over the last 4 years.
I asked them for the rest of my money that they took. Here is
Response Via Email (KingsIsle Support) 04/30/2014 04:16 PM
Greetings, The refund that has already been provided, is
the extent of the charges that were eligible for said refund.
So, they took out 4 membership fees. I only authorized the 1st
time. The last time was refunded. I am stilled owed for 2 years worth
of fees and I want my money back pronto!
More KingsIsle Entertainment Complaints & Reviews
- Kingsisle Wizard 101 - child made charges and they refuse to put money back in parents account 
- Kings Isle Wizard 101 - Monthly fee automatic charge 
- Kingsisle Wizard 101 - Taking money from my account 
- King Isle / Wizard101 - Sex and Death Threats 
- Kingsisle Wizard101 - Master Password 
- KingsIsle Entertainment/Wizard 101 - Improper billing and notification of purchases 
- Kingsisle Wizard - automatic billing on credit cards 
- wizard 101 - Wizard 101 kept billing me monthly and never responded to any emails 
- wizard 101 - Chat Restrictions 
- wizard 101 - Rip off