kidslivesafe.com / they took money for membership, but it was mentioned that it was free

United States Review updated:

I found the website www.kidslivesafe.com and thought that it was really useful and interesting. I decided to become the member of this website, and I needed to fill form and provide the card number. I filled the form, and I checked that the membership was free, but they charged me for $25 instead. I sent emails and asked why they took this sum, but no replies. I wonder if there are other people, who had the same experience. Can you provide any good piece of advice?

Se
May 2, 2014

Comments

• Me
      14th of Jul, 2015

Dear secon,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us.

There are some government sites and other sites (for example http://www.familywatchdog.us/) that offer sex offender data for free. Kids Live Safe often directs people who can't afford to pay for our services to those sites. Kids Live Safe offers many different tools and benefits with it's membership, more than just sex offender data. Below is a list of some of those benefits:

One of the key features of our membership is the ability to create a 5 mile protection zone around your home address. This allows us to monitor new sex offender activity and send immediate email alerts when a new sex offender registers within this monitoring area. Not only are our members able to monitor their own home, but can set up 3 additional monitoring areas.

Our members are also able to set up Emergency Response Profiles for each one of their children. These digital profiles contain a child’s picture, personal information, physical description, medical information as well as guardian contact information. These profiles can instantly be emailed to friends, family or the police in case a child goes missing or is abducted; this assists parents and law enforcement in the recovery of the missing child.

Since sexual predators are gaining access to our children via the internet our members are able to utilize our award winning internet filter. This internet filter allows parents to monitor their child’s online activities to ensure they stay safe while surfing the web or chatting with friends.

We hope that our response has answered your question. We have unsubscribed your email from the Kids Live Safe offer so you will no longer receive emails about our offer. Please allow up to 14 days for these to stop.

If you have any questions feel free to contact our friendly member support department open everyday from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.. Pacific Standard Time at 1-800-301-5905.

The Kids Live Safe Support Team
    "Protect What Matters Most"