Kenmore Washer / repair service

1 1846 Margaret StJacksonville, FL, United States

Kenmore washer leaking, determined source of leak, called Sears to get estimate for repair, they said they had to send a technician out for diagnostics ($69). I told them I knew where the leak was (tub seal), I needed a repair estimate for that work. They were not able to do that--too hard. Scheduled visit Fri AM, tech was late (PM), spent about 15 minutes, confirmed problem & ordered 2 parts (bearing & seal), scheduled re-visit for same day next week. Parts arrived, different tech (also late), fixed leak, said that I didn't need the bearing & gave me credit, said there would be a 90 day parts & labor warranty. Tried washer Sat, no leak, but a cacophany of noise during wash cycle (tub likely rubbing against something). Called Mon to schedule warranty service, earliest appt was Thurs AM; tried to get something earlier, said they "would call, if one became available." Thurs, no confirmation of service call & no tech, so called service 800 number Thurs PM, no service call in their system. Earliest available reschedule--Tues of the next week. Multiple calls later, spoke with "Supervisor, " all he could do is apologize, no earlier service available, period; however, he said I could complain (as if I needed his permission). This whole experience is an abberation from past dealings with Sears, but this time, plus the other service-related issues discovered on the web search has made it clear that they are NOT the same company I trusted for so long & they have lost a customer, peroid!

Sm