Kenmore Refrigerator / Kenmore Refrigerator causes house fire
We own a rental property where we had a Kenmore refrigerator, which we purchased from my daughter, in that house, model # 52012100, serial # SL1943508. On Dec. 7, 2007 the refrigerator caught fire and caused a house fire. I have a copy of the North Liberty Fire Department report wherein the investigator determined this to be the case.
Our rental property insurance covered most of the loss with the exception of a $500.00 deductible and the cost of the refrigerator itself which was not covered since it was personal property. The fire was a result of defective product and we sent a letter in January requesting that Sears would reimburse us for our $500.00 deductible and provide us with a new replacement refrigerator.
We never received a reply.
More Kenmore Refrigerator Complaints & Reviews
- Kenmore Oven - Beware! Don't burn your house! 
- Kenmore / Power Miser - Sears's faulty product 
- Kenmore Elite Trio Refrigerator - No cold air in freezer 
- Kenmore Elite Dishwasher - Do not buy Kenmore products! 
- Kenmore Elite Gas Grill - faulty burners 
- Kenmore - kenmore elite refrig
- Kenmore - er-if (error ice fan) refrigerator model 795.74025.410 serial# 411kr00034
- Kenmore - kenmore over range microwave
- Kenmore - kenmore warm & ready electric stove model# 790.94852300
- Kenmore - Kenmore vacuum cleaner model number 116.35922