Kenmore Refrigerator / Kenmore Refrigerator causes house fire
We own a rental property where we had a Kenmore refrigerator, which we purchased from my daughter, in that house, model # [protected], serial # SL1943508. On Dec. 7, 2007 the refrigerator caught fire and caused a house fire. I have a copy of the North Liberty Fire Department report wherein the investigator determined this to be the case.
Our rental property insurance covered most of the loss with the exception of a $500.00 deductible and the cost of the refrigerator itself which was not covered since it was personal property. The fire was a result of defective product and we sent a letter in January requesting that Sears would reimburse us for our $500.00 deductible and provide us with a new replacement refrigerator.
We never received a reply.
More Kenmore Refrigerator Complaints & Reviews
- Kenmore Oven - Beware! Don't burn your house! 
- Kenmore / Power Miser - Sears's faulty product 
- Kenmore Elite Trio Refrigerator - No cold air in freezer 
- Kenmore Elite Dishwasher - Do not buy Kenmore products! 
- Kenmore Elite Gas Grill - faulty burners 
- Kenmore - service repair date and fee
- Kenmore - series 500 washer
- Kenmore Washer & Dryer - elite washer rusting at bleach tray, dryer cause black stains on clothing
- Kenmore - refrigerator
- Kenmore Washing Machine - it’s the biggest piece of junk