08:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Kaspersky Internet Security / poor customer service/overcharge

Phone: (781) 503-1800

I used the trial version of Kaspersky's Internet Security and liked it, so I decided to purchase the license for three computers. According to the company's web site, the purchase price had been reduced from $79.95 to $49.95. I clicked on the "Purchase" button and checked out, hoping that at checkout the reduction in price would be reflected.

It was not.

I was charged full price.

I contacted customer service (an Indian call center) and was told I would receive a refund for the difference. A week later I received an e-mail message informing me I had received a refund, but it was not for the full price difference -- it was a PARTIAL refund. When I called customer service (again - in India) the representative did not know why I had been given only a partial refund, and I could not speak with anyone who knew. The representative informed me he would put in a request for the remaining portion of the refund and I would receive an e-mail message at a later date regarding the company's decision about the request.

I asked if anyone could call me, or if there was anyone I could speak to at that time, who could tell me why I only received a partial refund. I was informed that Kaspersky does not contact customers and there is no one I can speak to.

Too bad. This could be a really good product, but false advertising is against the law. I wonder if Kaspersky will have someone contact me when I file a complaint with the Attorney General?