Judge Carol MacKenzie / Suicide of Dr. Richard A. Amato

1 400 Carleton Ave.Central Islip, NY, United States Review updated:

Dr. Richard A. Amato passed over one (1) year ago. I recently read with interest the story written in the Merrick Patch and various comments of the family. I was touched. I also searched the Court website. The case Suffolk County Docket 022770/2010 is marked settled, abated by death. Every family has problems, but did this Judge have to ruin this man? Don't you think his family will suffer forever with guilt, hate, or other painful feelings because this man's life was cut short and the family did not have the opportunity to resolve their differences? Judge Mackenzie, couldn't you give the wife her money from his portion of the sale of the house or refer it to trial, which is what you do with most motions? Did you have to put him in jail? For three (3) months? Was it necessary to ruin him, demoralize him, and make his lose his dignity? Everyone is aware of Judge Mackenzie's relationship with Judge Robert A. Lifson (who was not re-elected and supported by the political party because of it and then became a Court Clerk) and her friend Judge Joan Genchi. It is time for someone to represent the voices of people that are not heard. It is time for someone to find out what has gone on behind the scenes with attorneys who have their pocketbook at heart, rather than the client's best interest in mind, and attorneys who attend getaway business vacations with Judges so they can obtain their favor, i.e. so the Judges do not have to work and decide complicated issues in a fair, decent, and respectful manner. Rest in peace Dr. Amato and may his family also find peace. I do not know what else to say to express my sincere heartfelt condolences to Dr. Amato's family and my disappointment with Judge Mackenzie.

Re
Sep 19, 2014

Comments

2nd of Jan, 2015

Apparently this man's suicide has had no effect of this Judge. She continues to threaten and abuse litigants in her courtroom. I have no idea why or how the powers that be allow this to happen. Why is no one supervising this Judge? How can our elected officials not step in to protect their constituents? There is desperate need for a checking of power and more user friendly ways to deal with out of control judges. The recourse of appeal is time and cost prohibitive for most, and she knows it, so she continues to issue outrageous orders at the expense of those that came before her seeking impartiality and justice, all the while enjoying the protection of judicial immunity, which keeps her from being accountable for her actions.

• Vi
      28th of Oct, 2015

I have first hand experience with this Judge Mackenzie, this article is true. Robe arrogance run amuck. Furnish me with your contact details and I'll help you (I am not an attorney).

• Ci
      28th of Aug, 2018

I have been on multiple sites trying to get help I’m before Judge Mackenzie and I can tell you I know personally how she can make someone commit suicide my heart goes out to the family this Judge has beat me down so bad I have no idea what to do especially when my attorney is afraid of her as well things got so bad for me that I was rushed out of court into the hospital I thought I was having a heart attack I’m telling you I told her please stop beating me down I’m on the edge meaning I was so broken by her more than my divorce I pray this woman has to answer for all the harm she has caused me and other families not for nothing she’s divorced with no children and she lacks empathy for All people and situations I watched her laugh with the court officer about yelling and scaring an attorney she had a conference with she’s cold and pure evil her term is up 2019 but what can be done to people like this she has to be stopped!!!