Joann Fabric and Craft Store / cashier/customer service

Cm Dec 21, 2015 Review updated:

I have received the most distasteful service at this particular store location December 8th, 2015 at a proximate 1754 hours. I have shopped with Joann for about two years and generally have pleasant experiences. this store is clean and well organized. However, this evening I arrived to a line that was empty; I was the only one in line. There were two cashiers at the register; one lady made eye contact with me and continued putting together a box. another cashier was busy doing something as well. He then told his colleague, "You have a customer." to which she just looked at me smiled said yes and continued putting together a box. So, with that blatant display of disregard for me as a customer, the other cashier took me. I told him "thank you for acknowledging me", to which the cashier that was ignoring me laughed. this experience was so distasteful that I took the survey on my receipt and asked to be contacted by someone from corporate. the worst part is that I get the impression that the woman ignoring me was actually a store manager and she was not wearing her badge so I could not get her name. So disappointed by such disgusting treatment by this person, and I never received so much as an apology.

Comments

• Ve
      Jan 17, 2016

Although I agree and have myself had mostly bad experiences at Joann's similar to your own, it bothers me how people always assume someone is a manager. I have had many people take the surveys that our store prints out at the bottom of our receipts saying how they received bad customer service or somehow had a bad experience from the "manager" however, I am the manager and it was infact NOT me. On most occasions I was not even near them and would myself have let my associate know that their behavior was unacceptable only to be told that myself because a customer assumed that my seasonal cashier was a "manager".