Jim M'lady Nissan / lying about charges

5656 Northwest Highway, Crystal Lake, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 815-459-2288

After looking at all of my costs, I realized I could not reasonably afford the car that I had my eye on. I never signed a contract. I told Jim M'Lady Nissan that I didn't want to buy the car, and they insisted that I think about it overnight. They said they would charge me $500 on my card, but the charge would be refunded if I didn't want the car. They repeated a couple of times that the charge was refundable if I chose not to buy the car and told them the next day. I allowed the charge because it was presented as "risk free" essentially, and I could finally leave the dealership. It turns out that they gave me a receipt that said nonrefundable! What a scam! Now they won't give me my money back even though they said that they would. They say that I wasted their time and accuse me of going to another dealership to buy a car...I have done no such thing! There are multiple complaints at the Better Business Bureau for these guys, and I can see why. In the end, I don't understand what goods or services I received!!! It's not like I custom ordered a vehicle or had them transport a vehicle. I told them the very next morning that I didn't want the car.

Don't buy from this place ever. There are very good and legitimate Nissan dealers out there so no need to go to Jim M'Lady's dealership.

Comments

May 08, 2019

I recently drove off the lot with a car that was priced 7995 on their website but when it came time to place my down pay the price went up by 1600 and when I asked to explain it, there was nothing said that made any sense to me . Now that I have had the car about 10 days with a lie that I got financing, the sale person who called himself the finance manager told me I have to bring the car back and get refinanced. I searched this topic and it is a scam line to get someone in to hike up the price and put them in a vulnerable situation, threaten them while taking back the car.

I went on the site tonight and the same man who did all of my paperwork is not the finance manager and the three on the site, I never spoke with or met. I reported this to the Illinois inspector general . I refuse to give back the car and the kicker of this is the finance company when called say they cannot speak to me and never got any paperwork. My dilemma ? I have no account number and am being avoided on whom to make my June payment to.