Jack Darrell Henry / Scoundrel

1 Fitzwilliam House, 84 Fitzwilliam St.,Huddersfield, England, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 0845 680 9179

Disgrubtled ex employees and customers abound!! Darrell Henry doesn't believe in paying his staff once he no longer has use for them. To get a refund from CTR as a customer is almost impossible. As a Company they do not deliver what they promise and neither will they!! CTR is about ripping off joe public and any poor unsuspecting hardworking mug he can find. Beware this Company has been served with a petition for Bankruptcy at the beginning of May. God knows how they are still trading; probably using his drug raddled mrs Penelope Syglinda Henry (aka Shahla Rezaie) to open Bank accounts. It's not just about having balls Darrell, it's about letting others know about you and stopping you deceiving people!!!

More Jack Darrell Henry Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Sh
      27th of May, 2011

I worked for ctreview/ Darrell Henry for less then two weeks at the beginning of may, before leaving due to them being unprofessional and feeling that they were not delivering to customers what they had promise. I am shocked by what I have since discovered about the company on the internet and I am glad I trusted my instincts and didn't stay there any longer. I completely agree with the above post and you won't be surprised to hear that I haven't been paid the wage I was owed. I have received nasty phone calls from 'darrell' since informing the recruitment agency why I left the business. I hope he is stopped before ripping more people off!

• Ju
      27th of May, 2011

BUYER BEWARE: This company is a sham, they say that they will get you your overpaid council tax back. They say that £165 is refundable if they can't get your money back. HA! Just try and you will see - no refunds. No money back.
    EMPLOYEE BEWARE: Promises, Promises. You get employed as a "self-employed" worker so he can dodge PAYE contributions, you may if your lucky get your first weeks wage, after that you'll get strung along until you quit.
    SUPPLIER BEWARE: Midnight flits to avoid paying rent, £1000's in arrears, providers of other services also I know not paid, if you give Council Tax Review any sort of credit be prepared to lose it.
    Summary: Avoid, Avoid, Avoid.

• Th
      1st of Jun, 2011

Jack /Darrel/ Henry/ Rewston/ Littlewood or what ever name he hides under is due in Huddersfield Magistrates Court tomorrow 02/05/11 at 9.45am facing a sample of 20 counts of misleading customers and then he will be at Crown Court at some point in the future facing charges of fraud. He is also trading at Fitzwilliam House, Fitzwilliam Street, Huddersfield, HD1 5BB under the company name Reband Ltd. I believe he has recently changed his Number to 07896 635673... I'm sure he'd like to hear from everyone!

• Ok
      6th of Jun, 2011

It is scary to think that he has his fingers in six pies although you have to bear in mind that just because he has formed six companies does not mean that all of them are trading (i.e. ripping people off, because lets face it that is the ONLY way that Darrell operates). I guess that he has formed so many companies to bamboozle his creditors, HMRC, customers and trading standards etc and also he is following the same pattern as with his personal identity (once one personal identity becomes too tarnished he abandons it and gets a new one). It all points to desperate measures by a desperate man. The reason that the companies are registered in Manchester is probably because he asked a solicitor in Manchester to form those companies for him and the solicitor set up the companies initially with the solicitor's office being the registered address of the companies (this is common practice). If the registered office address remains unchanged then the solicitor is in for a nasty shock when post starts arriving at his/her office door. I doubt whether Darrell would have needed to get anyone to finance him as he has made massive amounts of cash from recent cons/scams and he may be getting cash from selling Charlie (and I don't mean the 80's fragrance).

• Co
      23rd of Jun, 2011

CT Review (aka Council Tax Review aka Darrell's latest scam) has also registered the domain name of "mycounciltaxband.co.uk" on t'internet. So if you are contacted by them you and you don't want to lose your brass then you know what to do.

24th of Jun, 2011

This crook is now seeking finance from a Manchester based company, so he can try and scam them !!

• Sp
      27th of Jul, 2011

My elderly parents were lured into the scam well over a year ago too. Promises of money being refunded within a few weeks turned into a few more weeks due to "incorrect papers being filed", then a few more weeks, then months, and now we are still no further ahead. We've made our complaint to the company itself and have now lodged an official complaint with The Crusader, part of the Daily Express newspaper group. Taking money from pensioners who cannot afford to lose it is disgraceful and I hope the [censored] gets what's coming to him!!!

• Re
      5th of Aug, 2011

I started work for this company and promptly left when i was hearing about all the complaints that were coming into the office on a daily basis and the reaction of the other employers there who said no refunds were ever given! I don't think for one minute i will get paid due to everyone else in the office still waiting after being told 3 times in 1 week that the payday had changed. It seems he pay's when he likes and it is always by a cheque that will bounce and then cash, i have morals and there is no way he has any.

19th of Aug, 2011

This company is changing it's name to Reband. They also owe me £400 for letterheads I printed for them. I will not make that mistake again! Beware they are now called Reband and are still the same bad company

• Th
      19th of Aug, 2011

We supplied goods to Council Tax Review, rather foolishly (now) giving them the usual 30 days payment terms. This was three months ago and we have still not been paid, repeated phone calls to the company to pick up a cheque were never returned, when finally we went to their Huddersfield offices to pick up a cheque from them it bounced three times!!! We have still not been paid and will have to get a Dept recovery agency involved (though I don't have much hope in ever seeing any payment)
    BUYER - AVOID
    PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEE - AVOID
    SUPPLIER - AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!

19th of Aug, 2011

This is their new name and website. Avoid this company.

• Ze
      9th of Sep, 2011

This man is a sociopath he thinks the whole world revolves around him - he is a user and abuser of everyone he meets - you have heard the saying "he would rip off his own mother " well he has, and he ripped off his own brother too for 1os of thousands of pounds so he wouldnt hesitate to rip every one else off!! - I think he is sick. Anyway he will end up in prison with a bit of luck - pity those inside he will be scamming them before you can blink.

• Ab
      12th of Sep, 2011

I started work for this company yesterday, under the name 're-band', although 'ctr' posters still lurked around the building. The situation seemed dodgy right from the interview. I couldn't even call it an interview, I was briefly told about the job and told I would be 'making appointments' and paid every fortnightly at a rate of £7 an hour. Without being asked any typical interview questions, or in fact anything about myself, straight away I was told I could start the following day.
    The day I started work everything seemed to get worse. For one, the 'training' was me watching someone make phone calls, and not given any instructions or told how to work the system or even what I was supposed to do. With little training I was shoved onto the computer to start work within two hours of watching someone on the phones. I was given a script to read out to customers, which was basically telling the customer total ### to try get their money.
    Within the office out of the six other people who working on the phones, only one person had been working there longer than 6 months. All the others had only been there a couple of days or weeks.
    Having my doubts about the company I researched the companies previous name and found all these complaints - which has confirmed my suspicions and in result I will not be returning tomorrow.
    The guy who goes under all the different names is currently using the name 'chris ward'.

• Ba
      13th of Oct, 2011

Found another website today called "iwantmycashback.com" which, quelle surprise, has the old picture of Council Tax Review staff (including Richard, Dez and the fat crook himself - hiya Darrell) on its page "Meet the team". The website lists its telephone number as 01618345999. A quick look on Companies House website reveals a new company called I WANT MY CASH BACK LTD whose registered office is at 58 Swan Street, Manchester. What a coincidence, as this is the same registered office as CT Reband Holdings Ltd (another of Darrell's fantasy empire companies). The previous poster refers to Darrell changing his name to Chris Ward but I suspect that this is Darrell's trusted sidekick (a la Dastardly & Muttley) who goes under the names Chris Brady or Chris Jackson, depending on who he is dealing with/ripping off.

• Bo
      28th of Nov, 2011

Isn't ur name no.2??

• Tr
      10th of Jan, 2012

All these comments are true I worked for this joker too what a big mistake the guy is a dick he is from another planet he must believe all the bull ### he tells he's in a dream world I know alot about this con man his business if u can call it that should be closed down and he should be banned from ever setting up these false companies he has 6 different companies at the same address. This man is also a tax evader certain people who work there are con men too they all seem to change there names there's darrel, chris ward, and john booth they are the main 1s who are dodgy them two are up darrells ### so I believe there in on the scam 2 I hope some one stops them soon and yes they owe me money and never paid tax if anyone wants any more info on this man just ask

• Tr
      10th of Jan, 2012

Darrel also drives a burgundy k reg merc the reg is k 326 or 425 CBA I hope some one gives him a good kicking or pays him a visit lol the other thing is the reason people in the office havnt been there that long is darrell gets rid of people after a few months to avoid paying tax and national insurance he ###s u saying ur on the books but your not then he gets rid of people every 3 months I hope people don't apply for any jobs from this company because it's not fair and I hope people stop handing money to this tosser he is a lying cheating conning ### and I hope he gets wats coming to him

• Bi
      20th of Jan, 2012

I don't think John is in on it, I think he's just stupid!

• Ly
      23rd of Jan, 2012

I phones this company which at the time were called CTR on behalf ov my 81 year old mum !!!...just this week 18mths after she first paid her £145.00...the person at the end ov the phone told me we r now reband i asked why ...I KNEW WHY !!!...HE SAID OH THEY WENT BUST!!!...i let him ### me for 5 minutes ...the usual, she shud hear from us in 4 wks but it cud b 8 weeks because there is a delay at the VOA . I then got the pleasure in saying ..u r ###ting me ..i av been on the internet and there are paper cuttings in the huddersfield examiner n other papers !!...he said oh is there ??? ...i said u know so cos CTR r non existent n REBAND is the other name mentioned in the papers ...he dint know wat t say . he said like i say give us another 4 weeks n u shud hear something ...i told him where t go ??????.i said this company is not worth the paper it is written on and beware cos people want ya blood let alone THE MONEY BACK THEY ARE ENTITLED TO !!! HE SAID WAT EVA !!! P...K...DOESW ANYONE know if we av a chance ov a refund dont know where t go from here !!!

• Fr
      24th of Jan, 2012

J D Henry is up on a Crown Court hearing in Bradford - has admitted fraud charges and is due to be sentenced in due course - maybe he can tell the residents of HMP how to get their cells rebanded. The only way to get money back is to go to the company address and demand cash back - all his cheques bounce so don't accept them. If they don't agree o your cash back, the police station is 5 minutes walk away, and report it as a robbery - then return with the police. Good luck!