InventHelp / Patent idea - fraud

Pittsburgh, PA, United States Review updated:

File # hwl-542-1682 u
Id [protected]
Sales rep: aaron doster

On the 15th of april, 2015 we went to your miramar location and met with your representative, aaron t. Foster.

We reviewed and discussed what invent help does, and the services which are offered. We decided to go forward with the basic information package and have our idea searched for feasibility to patent and ensure we had a market, and that the idea had not been patented already.

We filled out all the paperwork, paid our $945.00 fee and waited. Our idea is bling my flipflops, which allows wearers to change hardware on the flipflops by way of a snap. These could be stones, flowers, etc.

We received notice from aaron that our research was back and went into the office to review the results.

The results came back showing a large market availability and that the idea was indeed patentable. Aaron was quick to then point us to the next step which was one of three options, the standard, vip galleria and the premium.

Based on the results we received from inventhelp, specifically that the item was patentable, we elected to go into the premium package and on july 2, 2015 we paid the additional $15, 350.00.

It has been a painful experience since you received our money. We have had to push to get information, having to place multiple calls to ask where we are in the process, and to receive the materials promised in your package. Quite frankly, it has taken multiple back and forth on the drawings and text for you to get it right, despite very specific drawings from us and corrections. They seem to be ignored.

We received documentation from the patent attorney that we were proceeding and again, we sat back and waited.

After more than a year, we finally believed we were moving as we received communication that we were starting to be marketed…

Now this week, after receiving our second rejection letter stating that our product was too similar to other products on the market, we became concerned and decided to take a look in the internet.

That was when we found that our idea was on the market, being sold!

Lindsay phillips has a product called switchflops.In looking closely at them it states that the idea is exactly what we submitted. Flipflops with a snap to customize the items on the flip flop. Our idea!

Their article states their idea has been patented since 2004 and has won a variety of awards for innovation on the design….

How is it that inventhelp did not bring this up during the research and discovery? We submitted into the premium package and paid the additional $15, 350.00 based solely on the premise that our idea was unique and could be patented.

This is pure negligence at best by inventhelp and its team, or worse, fraud and theft. We would never have continued had this been brought to our attention, which it should have. There is no circumstance in which this 2004 patent on an idea exactly like ours, would not have been found and presented if indeed inventhelp does what it says it will do with the original $945.00 fee.

We are now almost 2 years in, and out of a great deal of money based on incompetence by your organization.

We want our money refunded in full within 30 days, or we will seek legal recourse, including looking into a class action lawsuit, as we can only imagine how many times inventhelp has done this to other individuals.

Awaiting your reply,

Id [protected]
Sales rep: aaron doster

Ib
Jan 13, 2017

Comments

• Ad
      5th of Jun, 2017

The same exact thing happened to me and I'm out $9, 000 and my project is all wrong. I would like to start a class action suit against Inventhelp. Would you like to join me? There are hundreds of people who have gone through the same thing. My email is [protected]@aol.com. My phone is 646-770-5984. Sorry you have gone through this but I know exactly how you feel. My dreams and aspirations are totally gone. I don't even have a desire to continued.

• Ad
      2nd of Aug, 2017

Hello everyone. I have an attorney who is willing to start a class action suit but we need at least 10 people to join.
    It would be in all of our best interests to get together and fight Inventhelp.
    Please add your contact information to your comments so we can get in touch with you.

Adriena Quinones