InSinkErator / Corroded and flooded under the sink

Insinkerator corroded and flooded under the sink. This happened after 2 years. I see full of hard water stuff in it. Fortunately when I called insinkerator they were nice to send me the newer model i.e stainless steel tank with out any charges. I guess they are very considerate in that sense. Or they are aware of this problem. I read somewhere on the web they have recalled some of the models because of similar problem and electrical hazard. Hope my stainless steel model will last longer!

More InSinkErator Complaints & Reviews

Plus InSinkErator - INSINKERATOR warranty. What a bluff!!!!. [4]

D  5th of Feb, 2009 by
In 2004, I paid over $400 for an InSinkErator disposal (3yr warranty) and it died and leaked all over after just 4.5 years. I had to have another one installed or I couldn't have used my dishwasher. The new plumber installed another InSinkErator, much to my chagrin. I complained to InSinkErator and requested an extended warranty on the replacement disposal since the first one was obviously a lemon, but they have refused to even address my request. I am a single person who uses the disposal very sparingly - no bones, celery, or anything that could cause it to fail. I definitely would NOT recommend an InSinkErator.
A  26th of Feb, 2009 by
I have installed now the 3rd hotwater despencer in my now 6 year old home and with last one the damage that was done under my sink is the real problem. The laminent that is under the sink has cracked and now bucked my home is fairly new and I know that if I were to sell my home this would be something that I would have to address. Also insinkerato was supposed to contact tme in one work day that has now turned into three and still no word. I also would not recomend insinkerator
A  26th of Jul, 2009 by
I bought an Insinkerator Hot Water Dispenser and after a year the tank leanked and ruined the bottom of my cabinet. We baought ($$$$$$) another tank and after smelling what appeared to be a fire...unplugged it, my husband removed the tank and sure enough it had had a fire in the tank. What if we had been sleeping.

No comment yet from the company.

We are outraged!