Industry Model And Talent Studios / Sham

1 Edgewater, NJ, United States Review updated:

First of all they approach you in a mall! How legit could that be. If someone is scouting your child then it should be a modeling agency and they tell you up front they are not an agency. You should never have to pay for your child if a legit agency is scouting - not even for pictures. Anyway, we went there today and my husband and I did not fall for the totally fake directors pitch. She was extremely rude and kept saying so are you going to do this or not, I am only concerned about your childs best ineterest, and a bunch of other BS. We said we would think about it and get back to her and as soon as she heard that she got up opened her door and basically kicked us out! Can you believe that - it's nuts! If they were a legit place they would have said "okay we will follow up with you, etc." and she was so rude about the whole thing. I was in shock. Not to mention the office looks like a complete dump and their sign is held onto their reception desk with push pins!!! Now if that doesnt say it all! This is a major scam and if you are serious about modeling or acting please call a reputable agency and not one that approached you in the mall.

As

More Industry Model And Talent Studios Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Re
      16th of Feb, 2009

Hi, Thanks for the information. I totally agree with you on this. I was trapped by them with the same tricks. Unfortunately I ended up losing 550 + 45 for my Son's pictures. However, when the marketing tried trap me in buying the photo cards, but I kept rejecting the offers, so she asked me why I did come for the pictures and said that I could have gotten the pictures at JC Penny or Sears 50 bucks. I told them that they charged too much for the pictures, I did not want to market them by paying another 400 bucks. So ended up taking only the CD.

• Mc
      1st of Mar, 2009

Hi! I am sorry that you had a bad experience. My child has been with the company for about two years now and i paid $1000 for the photos and comp cards and so far my child has had great success with booking things for children's place and gap. All marketing and promotion companies charge for the promotional material. If you wanted to give it a shot though my director was amazing and her name was Kristy.

• Mr
      10th of Apr, 2009

Hey, sorry that Industry didn't work out for you. I went in almost a year ago and signed with them. I ended up doing work on Life on Mars, Notorius, Confessions of a Shopoholic, and they introduced me to a few agencies. I really love the exposure I've been getting from them and can't wait to renew my contract in September! Any where you go, they're going to ask you for your comp card or headshot, and as far as I'm concerned I paid for just that. It's not a school so they really don't BS you.

23rd of May, 2009

mrojas clearly works for them.
    do a google search on them + scam.

• Na
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I've been thinking about getting my daughter into modelling for awhile now (but was waiting until she gets a little older), but I was so excited to be approached by this "company". I gave them my contact info and was looking forward to meeting with them. Fortunately, I always check if a modelling agency/studio is legit (I've recieved letters in the mail from "modeling agencies" that were also scams. And the moment I typed in the name of this place on google, I saw nothing but complaints. So I waited for their call to politely tell them that we were no longer interested. They called my home and cell phone several times over a 3 day period, and there was so much noise, talking, and laughter on the other line that I just hung up (sounds more like a prank phone call than a professional business). When I was finally able to speak with someone, I calmly told them that I was "no longer interested, but I thank you." Surprisingly, I recieved the rude reply of "WELL YOU SHOULD'VE NEVER FILLED OUT THE CONTACT INFORMATION!!" And was hung up on. Even if this place was legit, I would never let such rude people around my child. Luckily I found this out before it was too late.

PARENTS: NO AGENCY WILL ASK YOU TO PAY OUTRAGEOUS PRICES TO WORK FOR THEM. THEY SHOULD BE PAYING YOU! INDUSTRY MODEL AND TALENT STUDIO IS AN OBVIOUS SCAM!

• As
      3rd of Aug, 2009

Yes they are VERY rude! So it probably does work for very few children and it's pure luck that the Gap or other places happen to be looking for that child. I have a very good friend who is a model and her child models as well - they went through an agency and never a place like this. Her child gets denied jobs so its really more about what the companies are looking for. Why pay so much when you can go to an agency and they will be 100% honest with you. I would suggest getting professional pics done - if you use a photographer its usually not that expensive or I have used The Picture People before and always love the photo's. All you need is a few photo's for your appt. and the agency will be able to tell you what they think and you go from there. Anyway the point is anyone who needs to get business by approaching cute kids in a mall is obviously not a company you want to give your money to. Good luck to all!

• Ac
      1st of Sep, 2009

I think this guys are the biggest scam...and most rude people. I challange "McKenz38 " & "mrojas " to prove that they are legit. As I have done my homework and found out they hide behind the some old stupid legal loop hole. I have found a legal way to shut them down but all the victims have to come togather for that. Please let me know if you were victim.

• Fi
      10th of Sep, 2009

This is a scam. They seem to use mind control techniques on poor moms kind of ones shown on NLP.

• Bi
      27th of May, 2010

I wish I would have researched this yesterday...before I signed the contract and authorized the credit card transaction like the idiot I am.
    Did anybody have any luck getting money back?

• Rp
      2nd of Sep, 2010

I might have a solution to get your money back!

We were approached by these people in East Brunswick Mall. We were duped into paying for photo session. I couldnt dispute the charges until photos were taken. After photo session, we said NO to marketing and promptly disputed the charges.
    I looked at the contract and found a loophole. Even though they took more pictures than specified in the contract, they didnot take specified number of different poses. I used it and disputed the charges. I got my money back!
    I am sure there are more loopholes in the contract if we look thoroughly...