Icelandair / icelandair

1 Canada

Have traveled Icelandair for over 20 years from Halifax, Canada and have consistently used Premium Economy with a 4-day stopover in Reykjavik coming back from Manchester. It included 2 checked bags and lounge to which the rest from a 4-hour layover is appreciated. The 2nd. bag was always reserved for my golf clubs.

Well, I guess the sting of loosing money lately in their overall services has started to take its toll, and I am guessing by what I have seen to date with the removal of a popular class of travel, will sink them even further. Coupled with the sheer chaos of passenger traffic through a ill-designed airport, will add fuel to the fire.

Premium Economy has gone by way of the Dodo Bird, and replaced with Premium Flex. A class that says bye-bye to the second bag and access to the lounge, and with a cost equal, or more to what it used to cost doing Premium - in my case around $2.600.00. That said, now they have lost my business. Cannot get to my homeland unless I travel "sardine can style" or take out a second mortgage to travel Saga Class. To make it worse, no other airline in Canada is allowed on their turf. I am now totally pissed off with my countrymen.

To Icelandair I offer you this projection - you will gone with 5 years, just like the cons who wrecked your banks over a decade ago. Smarten up, or you are history.

Bc