Hp Hawlett Packard / hp laptops don't work

1 3000 Hanover StreetPalo Alto, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: They dont care

Im having the same problem that the people on this site are having. Hp just wants your money. There were charging me $49.95 to speak to a stupid idiot technician. I told the lady hell no I was paying that. I paid $950.00 for a product that was going to last 1 year. Hp does not give a ### how much I paid. There also putting virusus in there updates. I install those up dates the muy laptop ask me fore new updates eready for you and it ruin my laptop. I did the recovery system on it to fix the problem but it made it worse. My laptop is death now. I follow hp instructions how to troubleshoot it and does not work. I have important files that I need. Hp just want my money to fix my laptop that they ruin.

Im never buying any hp product.

Don't trust hp or buy any insurance is a scam

Stupid hp engineers where are your stupid brain cells. And trhat apply to the idiots who are so call techs.

Ch

Comments

8th of Dec, 2008

i agree

• Cc
      1st of Apr, 2010

It took me 2 weeks to get my new Pavillion dv8 up and running because of all the software and data that I had to transfer. I was using the computer for 3 weeks (total of 5 weeks in my home) and it died. I paid for in house IT. They couldn't help me over the phone and then refused to come out to fix my computer. They insisted that I mail it back so they could do a system recovery and/or replace the motherboard. Oh, and they said "back up all your data first".

OK, my brand new computer is dead, you can't/won't help, and now you tell me to somehow miraculously back up my data on a dead computer?

They refused to give me a refund siting a 3 week return policy. I'd only been using the computer 3 weeks but they count from the minute the computer is left on your doorstep. No excuses, no rational thinking, no exceptions. They expect me to not work for 4 to 6 weeks because they make defective equipment and avoid returns with an unreasonable return policy. Then they have incompetent IT people who know nothing and refuse to put you through to management.

Using my old Dell, I researched the problem myself and a lovely geek on YouTube showed me how to fix the "dead" issue. Then 3 hours on the phone with HP's IT to try to fix all the other issues that they made worse and they caused even more problems. There is no one to talk to when IT is the problem. If you call HP's corporate HQ, the operators screen out any and all consumers so that executives never ever need to hear a complaint.

Even refusing to pay may AMEX bill did no good. AMEX gets too much income from HP sales on their credit cards to force HP to honor their warranty for in home repair, for IT service, or even to stand by their product. I'm stuck with a bad computer, IT service that is less than useless- it's destructive, and no where to go.

HP has perfected the ultimate consumer rip off.

• Yo