HomeGain.com / No $500 rebate received

HomeGain, www.HomeGain.com, of 1250 45th Street, Suite 200, Emeryville, CA 94605, advertised $500.00 rebate for using their services twice in real estate transactions. I used their services twice in selling 2 resident houses. One on 1/28/2005 and one on 5/31/2006. I had sent HomeGain copies of the transactions several times, but I never get my rebate as advertised.

Peter Hung
user name: plhung
email: plhung@rocketmail.com
17 Andrew Lane
Windsor, CT 06095

N  14th of May, 2007 by
I have researched Mr. Hung's complaint, and he is correct in that he is eligible for a HomeGain rebate. As a matter of fact, I had recently received his documents and had already begun processing his rebate. I have requested that his rebate be expedited and he should receive his check within 7-10 days, if not sooner. We apologized for the delay.

Janice Ridge
Manager, Client Relations
A  14th of Jun, 2007 by
A class action lawsuit was filed against HomeGain.
If you are interested please access the court documents by going to:

Then click on Case Summary and enter the case number: RG05246985. Any comments from HomeGain General Manager Louis Cammarosano or HomeGain Client Relations Manager Janice Ridge?

Report violation.
N  17th of Jun, 2007 by
Janice Ridge is notorious for only paying out to agents when they complain. This company is being sued by its employees for the very same reason ( lack of proper payment). Janice should be ashamed of herself.
A  10th of Oct, 2007 by
Its true. Homegain is a horrible company. It would not surprise me if they went bankrupt. They only make money from ripping of agents in a hot market by selling them terrible "leads". Now that the market is cooling I give this company 12 months before they go belly up. If not sooner if they get investigated for business practices.
A  13th of Sep, 2009 by
I agree. I have been using Homegain since January 2009 and have not got one good lead. I asked a friend to submit a request to sell their home. Over 20 agents got the same lead and since there in bed with ZipRealty and have a million dollar a month contract with them, you can forget about getting any great leads. It's an unfair playing field because Zip gives buyer's a 20% rebate, have a state of the art web-site and you give up your right to be an independent agent and an average commission is 30%. Who's winning? Beware!!