Home Rehabs & Remodeling / Adam Charles III

1 Garland, TX, United States Review updated:

Add another vistim of a dishonest building contractor Adam Charles of Home Rehabs & Remodeling. Adam Charles has abandoned a master bathroom remodel job started in Oct 2008. Adam's work on this project was always with excuses that kept him from working more that an hour or two any given day he showed up. After giving three committed completion dates, the project is about one third complete. Adam has now resorted to hanging up when he see's my number on his cell phone or leaving me to voice mail which he never answers with a phone call. The only communications received are text messages with excuses and obvious miss-representations of the truth. It seems Adam Charles has a long history of fraudulent activities that can be viewed by Goggling his name in association with construction projects in DFW and other areas in the country.

Comments

Mr
  11th of Dec, 2008

Jim,

Please contact me right away. I have just paid Adam to do some work and now I am learning about his past. Email me at Spam_Is_Evil@Excite.com so we can exchange contact information. I'm also interested in anyone else who has had any experiences with this contractor.

Questions
- who referred you to this contractor?
- has anyone started a victim's group?

Pa
  20th of Dec, 2008

I hate that you had to experience being "ripped-off" by Adam Charles. I, too was a victim of his construction scam, however at the time he ripped me off, he was doing business as A.C.'s DreamTeam Construction. Here is a link to the reports posted on /link removed/

/URL removed/

I filed a complaint with the Texas Attorney General, Tarrant County District Attorney and Channel 8 news. I hope you will do the same. The only way to deal with Adam is to do what we can as consumers, to ensure he doesn't continue to rip off people.

Ji
  23rd of Dec, 2008

Adam Charles has contacted me to discuss my complaint. He states he will make amends for my inconvenience. I have asked him to supply the materials he has purchased for my bathroom remodel along with restitution of money paid for the partial work completion of approximately 1/10 of the total project. This gesture will improve my opinion of him as a person and business man if he follows through. Upon a reasonable agreeable settlement of this matter between Adam Charles and myself, I will retract the complaint and go to another contractor to finish the project. I will add comments as this case continues. Adam, it is up to you to do the right thing now.

Pa
  14th of Jan, 2009

So just curious, has he made good with his promise to make amends?

Mo
  29th of Jul, 2009

We paid Adam Charles to build our fence. After many excuses including sick kids and rain, he is not taking my calls. I will be filing with the Attorney General and am anxious to find a way to get my money back. His phone says he is Fence maintenance. Absolutely disgraceful stealing from a family dealing with childhood cancer. May he rot.

Mr
  19th of Aug, 2009

Please contact me at spam_is_evil@excite.com. I would like to share information about this handyman. Are you located in Rowlett? Is he still doing business as "home rehabs and remodeling"? How did you learn about Adam - from a reference or an advertisement?

His "excuses" are typical. He usually starts a project before vanishing so he doesn't get prosecuted for theft. He also tends to move to a new address every few months to throw off anyone looking to get their money back, but he keeps turning up on complaint sites like this one.

Jf
  5th of May, 2012

Yes, he is still doing business in Rowlett. I had a horrible experience. He really is a fooler.

Jf
  5th of May, 2012

He is no doing business as dfw serviceman and even has a coupon offering a discount. BEWARE!!