Higher One / Higher one lies about cash back for purchases

Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

I was told I would receive a 5% cash back bonus if I bought Six Flags Over Texas tickets with my Higher One debit card. They are big liars. I never received a 5 % cash back bonus. When I called customer service to try and receive my cash back bonus, I was put on hold for an hour and a half. I was then told that it would take 24-48 hours to make a decision on my complaint. It is not 3 days later and they still will not give me an answer. I was told once again after waiting on the phone for 2 hours that in 24 hours I will get an answer. I am still waiting. Higher One is a scam company that lies to students to win over their business and when they do Higher One does not honor their promises.

Comments

• Aa
      Aug 16, 2011

Hi Maui2011, my name is Aaron and I work for Higher One. We came across your message and wanted to follow up with you. We certainly understand your frustration and hope we can help resolve the situation. At this time a Customer Care Specialist has attempted to contact you via email and phone with more information and next steps. Please look for an email from Higher One with more information.

The promotion you’re referring was an online offer only and therefore would not receive the cash back offer if the purchase was made at the park itself. Please see this FAQ on OneRewards for more information: http://www.onerewards.com/about/faq When purchasing an offer through OneRewards it is recommended to only have one browser window open and to not visit any other sites while the transaction is being made. We hope that you will use Higher One’s services and OneRewards in the future and am sorry for the confusion.

We appreciate you sharing your feedback about your experience with Customer Care and am very sorry to hear this happened. We strive for Stellar Service in every interaction and apologize for the wait. Again, please look for an email from Higher One with additional information on this situation.